1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Hoping for Sam Amick to bring back hope lol

2. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

What if Houston isn't out?

I'm just sayin...

3. alin86

alin86 Member

to consider Lakers is to push Phil Jackson do a sign-and-trade with Bulls.

Bulls with max sallary is always his priority

4. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Lakers and Knicks. Guess Melo wants the big city market, ehh nothing much you can do when a player wants that kind of spotlight.

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

well....just went from 75% sure we're out to 99% sure we're out. The final 1% is when there is an official decision from Anthony.

6. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

1 person likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You know what the Lakers stuff looks like? Leverage-- as in Melo using the Lakers as leverage against NYK in order to maybe force a sign and trade to Chicago, or at least reserving that option in case NYK doesn't improve it's current roster enough for his satisfaction.

The one thing that CHI doesn't have is an obvious way to clear $22M in cap space to sign Melo outright. The only way Melo gets his max with CHI is via a sign and trade, which NYK say they won't do. So, he had to threaten to sign outright with a team that can offer him the $22M max in order for NYK to really consider trading him. LAL is such a team.

Now, maybe Melo can see himself with the Lakers if NYK calls his bluff, maybe not. But if NYK really wants Melo, he has little to lose by at least trying the threat.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

If it's a leverage play, you'd think he'd use the Rockets.

9. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It seems like him saying and then there were three in the tweet.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe, but I think a big thing is Lala's career.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

People still dont get it, this is considered a dead period. No one is saying anything or moving as we speak, the media needs story to fill these gaps and to make the people discuss and speculate.

If Melo, LBJ, or anybody else wants to truly win and have a tier 1 front office, then they will pick Houston.

If not they will move on, and the Rockets will move on as well. Easy.

IMO, Rockets are still in the race, and maybe even ahead of the game, further then the national media want to give us credit for. Trust it.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

La La La La La La La La La
    La La Melo's Wife La La La
    La La La La La La La La La

Rocket River

14. alin86

alin86 Member

if we finals win, and woj ever said we were out, it will be harmful to his reputation.

So I really think(although I don't know why) we are out...

15. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Not if the leverage is taking max money vs sign and trade. I get what Carl is saying and I think it makes a ton of sense. He still wants his money but the Knicks know he can really only get it in 2 places (NY and LA). So he has to say sign and trade me or I can just get my max in LA anyways without a sign and trade. The Knicks have to believe they can actually lose him for nothing to want to participate to begin with. Now where that sign and trade is to? We can hope Houston...but of course it could also be Chicago.

1 person likes this.
  16. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

Nobody has said that the Rockets are out of it. These reporters are only bringing up NY, Chi and LA because that's the cities most of them are based out of. Everybody needs to stay calm. Carmelo will shock the nation tomorrow when he picks the Rockets. Book it!

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I see no problem with a family making sacrifices and doing what's best for both parties. I can't imagine that within a marriage, the career of Carmelo Anthony takes precedence over the career of Lala Vazquez. That's logical. They should both work to make each other as succesful as possible.

What I see here though, if he goes to the Lakers, is that Carmelo is ending his career with no better chance of winning a ring than staying with the Knicks - all in order for Vazquez to live in LA. I really can't imagine any other reason LA is a better option for him than NY.

That is, if these stories are true, which I don't think they are.

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I don't know man. A lot of times at this stage, when there's smoke, there's fire. Just like Atlanta and Dallas with Dwight last year, we knew pretty early they were out of the running.

19. Karolik

Karolik Member

put your money where your mouth is..tip jar bet?

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if La La is worried about Harden taking Melo to big booty strip clubs or Dwight and Parsons introducing Melo to future baby mamas.