1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Lin is ready to go.

Make the trade with Minnesota, and manage to get Jack for the second unit.

Guy is underrated, and probably the best midrange shooter off the dribble in the league.

2. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Looks like Rocket will get something major here. Max contract? Love, Melo, Bosh, or Lebron?

3. haydenfisher342

calling someone a liar because of someones elses "judgement." on Melos feelings, interesting.

4. Fantasma Negro

What? Why are you jumping into a situation you don't understand what's going on? You don't know the context of my post and refuse to do the simple legwork to understand it then you don't deserve to comment on it

5. haydenfisher342

its a seperate trade not even involving the Rockets. Jack costs to much and would prevent what we are striving for. Love Jack, but not right now

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

Lin's been ready to go for weeks now. This isn't anything new.

7. Fantasma Negro

You know what you're right. All your opinions are correct and you have the best takes. You feel better about yourself?

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It feels like that the Rockets are trying to position themselves to be able to offer a max deal to Chris Bosh.

I think the Melo dance is fading. :-(

9. haydenfisher342

Im sorry fellow rocket fan, its just.... the media... some stupid posts.... the theories.....opinions....judgments being presented as facts, its just getting tiresome. I singled your post out, not you personally, I am sorry, I would like us to move on, I love you

10. haydenfisher342

how? Reports saying Rockets, Knicks, Bulls are still in the running. Bosh I dont personally think is worth the Max, anyone feel like he does?

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The real question is a Lin trade ready to go now because they have a commitment or just to show they'll have the cap space for a potential commitment later on.

12. MFG16

MFG16 Member

You're right that Lin has been ready to go but Morey has been on record saying he only leaves if a max type player is heading to the Rockets. If a Lin trade happens before any official announcement I think its very telling that the Rockets either have gotten a positive response from Melo or a negative response and are moving on to a deal that nets them a third star via trade. I personally don't think Morey moves Lin without knowing he's getting something good in return.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah Lin trade is taking forever. People mad at Melo because he supposedly wants the money well let me the rockets trade Lin and not be concerned about the money he helps bring in.

14. betterhomesbytj

what I don't understand why you aren't trading lin regardless even if there's a deal lined up or not. I'm pretty sure well get someone in free agency!

Even if were getting for example just a 2nd rounder for lin, I think we should just pull the trigger

15. Fantasma Negro

Jarrett Jack up? Hmm, he use to be a tough guy but now after playing on so many bad teams I wonder if that fire he played with in Golden State and New Orleans is still there. If it is he could actually be our starter, if not well at least his contract is reasonable. Hopefully the pick is a first rounder

16. domd221

domd221 Member

Happy 1 year anniversary to getting Dwight!!

17. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

For this team I think he is worth it, he's exactly what the Rockets need in a 4, he can stretch the floor, can can play D, he can play the 5 when Dwight sits, and he's already shown he can play well as the 3rd option. I'd be really happy with Bosh. Assuming no other team improves significantly (like the Thunder getting Gasol), I could see the Rockets as the #1 seed if they added Bosh.

18. Fantasma Negro

Love you too buddy. Red Nation United we stand...against espn and the biased media

19. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Plan B should be focusing on getting Kevin Love...

20. sabesque

sabesque Member

Sooooo now we're seeing reports of specific places interested in trading for lin... that has to mean something is happening, right?