1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

the only people trying to get rid of parsons are salty lofs :grin:

2. maczmina

maczmina Member

Bring Melo, sign with Parsons and put Hollins as assistant coach.

3. FeaR

FeaR Member

A sign and trade for Melo can happen before July 1 or only after ?

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So the Rockets have to get rid of Lin and Asik to make this work? Then resign Parsons on his bird-rights.

Time to unload draft picks.

6. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

LOL, why is Bosh in the equation? Dude is staying in Miami unless Lebron leaves. ****, I think he loves the Miami lifestyle so much he will never leave.

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

:grin:

8. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

If we trade for Carmelo, we keep the Mid-Level we have, correct? I think we shouldn't ell Carmelo on the fact that we can add more people.. Chicago wouldn't be able to add much..

9. Karolik

Karolik Member

Whatever you do just makes sure Anthony is willing to come here and also sign an extension. Last thing we want is clearing space only for Anthony to go to the bulls. Lin and Asik aren't world beaters, but they are pretty much our bench. >,>

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lin and Asik have played they're last games for us regardless of if we get him or not

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I meant to say we SHOULD sell him on that...I really wish I could edit my posts

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Apparently it is a skill you lack as well. Melo said he would take less if it effects the acquisition of talent. The very same argument could be made about keeping the other guys. Getting rid of Lin and Asik could alone be addition by subtraction (well not as much Asik).

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Backpedal what? Melo is a top offensive player and a minus defender. We know that. Having both him and Harden for heavy minutes will be a problem if they both continue to play bad D. Don't see it as a great fit, but never know until guys actually play together.

We'll see what happens. Melo may not even end up in Houston, or is even interested in Houston. Given that HOU may have an easier cap clearing path, he might be using HOU as leverage to force a trade to CHI for Boozer (so CHI can have him and keep Gibson).

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

looks like lin and asik will be packing soon anyway this summer.

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm all for getting Carmelo but San Antonio will still smoke us in the post-season the way they're playing right now.

We need a serious overhaul to our defense. We simply cannot stop any other team from scoring. Omer was probably our best defender (Dwight's pick and roll defense was underwhelming to me).

Any cheap defensive Free Agents we can look into this off-season? I was hoping for P.J. Tucker but there's no chance he is leaving Phoenix.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets landed Melo and played him at PF they'd have the worst defensive PF in the entire league and an easy mismatch pretty much every game to lead to easy points....it would be like having 2 Harden's out there on defense.

17. YaosDirtyStache

ill take it

1 person likes this.
  18. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

We have the Mid-Level and Bi-Annual exceptions. We could bring in a guy like Sefelosha to bring some defense in. Remember.. We also need a backup center. Okafor is my ideal fit if we can't land Hawes..

19. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Vomiting.

20. basketballholic

Ridiculous. We had the worst defensive PF last year.