1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a true Rockets, nah HOUSTON fan... it's my right to hate Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houstunna, Dec 8, 2015.

1. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So do we think Harden is the one who will lead us to the promised land or we need to move on from him?

When he's good, he's very good. He can almost win games by himself. But when he's not playing well, he should be willing to give way to others. He shouldn't shoot us out of the game. He should defend.

Otherwise it won't work to have such inconsistencies in your superstar.

2. dmorey

dmorey Member

did you ever meet sam houston?

3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Harden is giving us our 2 cents.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well said.

DD

5. dianelo

dianelo Member

If Harden continues to play like ****, might as well give his team USA spot to Kobe. He doesn't deserve to represent his country.

6. chandlerbang21

Still trying to understand his "elite " offense while his jump shot continues to be broken and he depends on driving fouls for a majority of his points. Watching curry I see an elite player while watching harden I see many deficiencies

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden's had a disappointing year, no doubt. The heel-turn by many after less than 25 games is utterly astounding, though. Makes me wonder what other fan bases are like.

2 people like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Damn, you are about the most insufferable Pacers fan on the planet.

Yeah, you don't like the Rockets - LOOK AT ME -

nobody cares. Didn't read.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

in what way have your rights been violated?

10. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Last night Harden was awful awful awful... and not just taking a step back on defense, but on OFFENSE! My wife said that well, whenever he gets the ball they throw 2-3 defenders at him. Well you know what? MOVE! He just f'ing stood out there above the 3pt line 75% of the time, and when he got the ball he just passed it back somewhere else and stood there. DAMMIT, this offense needs some flow and he's not willing to work without the ball.

I mean, where is the pride? Where is the fire? Where is the leadership?

Last night was winnable and we were down double-digits multiple times and had 24 TOs and it was WINNABLE. I mean HOW did Brooklyn seem to have every answer, and hit every shot, but still we found ourselves down only 2-3 pts with a couple minutes left in the game?

This game could've been a blowout for us with a little care and a lot of effort. You better believe fans expect both, especially when you're making a killing every year as we sit in our overpriced seats, or purchase our NBA LP out of city so I can sit there and wish for my money back during games like this.

1 person likes this.
  11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Crap. I relate to all and experienced ALL you said. The Billy Paultz slap and all. Guess I am not an old fart. BUT, At least dream had a heart. Harden. Not so much. Dream competed and worked for excellence. Harden has regressed. Superstars do not backslide. At least the ones that have that drive. That is what concerns me. That he could care less if he has a ring.

12. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't remember feeling this disappointed and disgusted in a Houston sports "superstar" like I've been this season. Most of the fans on this board are probably more bothered about losing and the way this season is going than Harden. I don't think Dwight is a good enough leader either but and the right "star" to have next to a guy like Harden. Both of them being you best players appears to be a dead road like a lot of the national pundits are saying. That's why I wouldn't mind moving on from both. Both will probably finish out their contracts but after that, let them both walk.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Repped.

Harden is a great player, but he looks unmotivated as hell this season. Banging a still-married Kardashian might do that to a guy. Or whatever the hell it is.

Watching him dog it last night just added to the great mystery that he is. I was thinking, "Who let him eat chicken fried steak smothered in cream gravy and mashed potatoes before the game? Did he just get off the phone with Khloe? WTF is psyching this dude out?"

I'm still watching, although I'm now one of the empty seats in the Toyoya Center this season until I see some semblance of passion in this team. It's expensive. I can save time and money screaming at my TV. (Wasn't even screaming last night, just shaking my head.)

14. omgTHEpotential

I think by 75 seasons he meant all sports combined.

15. tdo

tdo Member

Yea cause 25 games of mediocre shooting determines whether or not you are elite offensively :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

that may be true but if you're supposed to be considered elite this topic shouldn't be brought up time and time again

17. tdo

tdo Member

It get's brought up all the time, because we have a whiny ass "woe is me" fanbase. It's all what have you done for me lately. If you really need me to break down why he is so good offensively, I can't help you. Even this year when everyone hates him, and wants him off the team, he has still been fairly efficient offensively. It hasn't been the prettiest, but it has been effective. Just not where it was the last few years.

These two stats right here are exactly why Harden is elite offensively. In 2014-2015 his Usage was 31.3 while still having a True shooting % of .605. The year before that his usage was 27.8 with a TS% of .618. The year before that his usage was 29 and his TS% was .600.

That is 3 years of being elite offensively. So yes, spare me all this bs over 25 games.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That's a lot of games

19. chandlerbang21

It does .this poor shooting is a continuation of last seasons playoffs if you have already forgotten. What's his "elite " skill again ? Running into crowded paint looking for fouls??

20. tdo

tdo Member

Yea it's actually 22. I made an error.