1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a Rockets fan who do you hate more the Jazz or the Mavs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-mac&Yao=RING, Sep 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

First dissing Hakeem. Now this.

Did someone hijack your account? :confused:

2. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/jazzholes-2002.html - The primary information from this page:

Karl Malone is a menace. He's been sending people to the hospital since college days (see the Dave Ramer incident), but for some reason the NBA loves him. He kicks opposing players so often that journalists like Peter May now refers to Malone's "kick jumpers." He knocked David Robinson unconscious during a game and wasn't even called for a foul! He broke Donyell Marshall's rib with an "inadvertant" knee, and bloodied Joe Kleine's face so badly he required plastic surgery! Well, Shaq brings the rap fans, Yao Ming brings the Chinese fans, and Karl Malone brings the wrestling fans who want to see blood. [Note: since Karl Malone is now a Laker, you can choose to hate the Lakers instead of the Jazz or in addition to the Jazz.]
    They flop like trout out of water. Although never awarded any acting awards, the Jazz, led by Stockton and Malone, are the league's best actors. Their defensive scheme is to fall down and have the refs call charging. They have invented a whole new field of physics in which momentum is not conserved — one need only see the 265 pound Malone fly through the air after incidental contact from a 165 pound point guard to see this new form of physics in action. In its list of the worst floppers in basketball history, Foulshots.com gave special mention to the entire Jazz team: "The entire Jazz team has been flopping for so long that it almost seems like they work on it in practice." Hopefully, Jerry Sloan won't hurt himself falling down when John Stockston walks in to practice in the morning.
    Elbows, illegal picks, dirty play -- Jerry Sloan, known for being a fighter in his youth, has taught them to be the dirtiest players ever. That's not just us fans talking. ESPN had a poll last year and Malone and Stockton topped the list convincingly with 60% of the votes. Jerry Sloan was the dirtiest coach, as well. Years ago, SI ran an article on the ten dirtiest players in the league at that time. Among the "winners" were Rick Mahorn, and Vernon Maxwell, who once stabbed a teammate at a team dinner, and ... none other than John Stockton. Stockton is fsmous for setting illegal picks on big men's kidneys and how often he elbows other guards. And that is not including his flops. He is smart, he is great player, but he is one of the dirtiest players of his time On Malone, well, just remember he once sent two opposing players to the hospital in one month! The funny thing is that the gutless b*stard never picks on a man his size. I remember how he backed away from Otis Thorpe and hit Othella Harrington from behind.
    At least when the Pistons had the bad boys, they didn't whine and pout every time somebody touched them. And I don't remember Bill Laimbeer flying all over the place like a rag doll when someone breathed on him funny. It's not just that the Jazz flop, it's that they cry and whine about it when the other team gets a legit call, or the refs don't call their flops.
    The refs suck up to them. Whenever I watch a Jazz game and see the way they're usually refereed, I invariably come away asking myself if it's possible that that team has bought the refs off. They can't possibly be that stupid. I just don't understand why the refs buy their flops. I mean, anyone who has watched two basketball games can tell the difference between a player knocking another player down, and a player falling/throwing himself down when he's hovering near another player. Why can't the refs tell the difference?
    On May 29, 1994, in the fourth game of the Western Conference Finals, the Rockets were ahead of Utah 80-78 with 13.5 seconds remaining. Utah inbounded the ball, and for almost ten seconds, the Utah timekeeper failed to start the clock, giving the Jazz extra time to try to score. Fortunately, the Rockets played 23 seconds of ferocious defense and the Jazz were unable to capitalize on their ill-gotten gain. The Rockets survived the scare and won the game and series. The best quip of the night was from Rockets announcer Bill Worrell, who said, "If I ever get the electric chair, I want to fly this guy [the Utah timekeeper] in to work the switch." After the game, referee Jess Kersey came to the Houston announcer who had been yelling at him to start the clock and said, "I used to respect you guys." Maybe he had money on the game.
    Perhaps the most egregious example of cheating with referee collusion of all time occurred in the 1997 playoff series between the Jazz and the Rockets. The Jazz won on a wide open three pointer at the buzzer by John Stockton. Why was he so open? Karl Malone had set a "pick" on Clyde Drexler that involved literally picking him up and carrying him ten feet. I am not making this up! I saw it happen! Of course, there was no call on the play. The NBA and its officials have always covered up for their precious Karl, just as the little toadies in high school sucked up to the head bully. Matt Maloney, after the NBA office called John Stockton to warn him against throwing more elbows like the one that had nearly smashed Maloney's nose earlier in the series, said, "It's incredible. At the end of the game. they [the officials] are not going to call illegal picks anyway, so they [the Jazz] are going to set the screens as illegally as they want." That's the NBA for you — they don't want "officials to decide the outcome of a game," to they don't enforce the rules at all at the end of a game. Yeah, that won't affect the outcome of a game!
    The Utah Jazz fans are poor sports and know little about basketball. They heckle and taunt opposing players — when the Jazz are winning, that it. They cheer when Stockton or Malone elbow someone or flop. As opposing players leave the arena, the Utah fans throw things at them, spit at them, curse at them... and then act holier than thou around other teams' fans. Maybe they're not as bad as some Euro hooligans who have been known to throw bottles and batteries on the floor, but someone at the Delta Center did throw a rat onto the floor during a game one year.
    They play boring basketball. Pick and roll, pick and roll, send some guy to the hospital, pick and roll, pick and roll, flop, pick and roll, kick somebody in the balls, pick and roll, moan about the officials ... pick and roll...... Zzzzzzzzzzz...........................
    They keep the name "Jazz" when they don't deserve it. The New Orleans Hornets should be called the Jazz! After deserting the city of New Orleans to move to Utah, the "Jazz" should have changed their name to something more appropriate, like the Mormons or the Dirty Dozen.

Why hate the Mavs when theres that much to hate on the Jazz?

3. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

*speaking like Hector in the movie "Friday"*

That's Angel dust holmes

4. Ashes

Ashes Member

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

There is no place less jazzy than that city.

You guys will laugh, but a few months ago we road tripped from Washington state to Houston and on the drive through utah, I did not get out. No joke. :D

6. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Hated the Jazz ever since Stockton nailed that three in Barkley's face in the Western Conference Finals can't remember the year. They have always had cheap ass players who flop and foul hard. And their coach is responsible for alot of it. HATE THEM!

7. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

Hate the Jazz by far. We beat them in the WCF during our first championship run and beat them again in the first round the next year. They knocked us out in 97 and 98 and it was my pleasure to see the bulls rip them apart in the finals. They played so stikin dirty then and they still play dirty now, bad blood doesn't say enough of how I feel about them.

8. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

The Jazz because they have been a thorn in our side since Hakeem days.

9. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Someone needs to screen these threads before they are released. Anyone watched the last two playoff series? Who beat us? Need I say more?

10. Air-Olajuwon

Air-Olajuwon Member

Jazz, why all this hate against Dallas? They are terrible anyway...

11. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

... definitely the Jazz. Dallas is no longer competition, and fading fast.

12. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Definitely the jazz. Jerry sloan is a dirty coach who preach dirty plays since the day karl malone bear hug clyde to be certain his team mate john stockton get a wide OPEN look at the 3's to win the game. O' yeah and carlo booster elbow to landry face helps the hate a tad bit.

13. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Definitely the Jazz and their floppers! :mad:

14. AXG

AXG Member

Hate the Jazz more. This goes back to the Malone-Stockton days and their ongoing tradition of flopping.

15. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Mavericks because I know a lot more Dallas fans and they are all graphic-tee, vert-stripe, ish-talking douchebags.

16. mlwoo

what about the one before that when we lost by 40? who was that? I was sitting in that arena. I hate the Mavericks with all my heart and soul.

When I play fantasy sports, I will not have anyone form the Fagericks, Cowgirls, or Gayngers on my team. I have sent a 'no' rsvp just because the wedding was in Dallas.

17. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Its the fans of dallas that makes us hate the mavs. At least they don't grab you, flop, or knock your tooth out for a rebound. Plus they're not as cocky as the mavs. Remember the boozer's comment, "we're aren't going back to houston"?

18. mlwoo

Dirk is the biggest flopper known to man.

I hate the Jazz, but there is no way anything surpasses my hatred for the entire city of Dallas.

19. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Right. I couldn't come to say who I hate more.

20. H-Town Forever

I hate the jazz more too even though that i hate the mavs pretty much as well.

As stated before the hate for the jazz goes back to the Malone-Stockton days but dont forget another A-Hole, Jeff Hornacek, who used to lick his face like a flaming ***.