1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As a Rocket fan....Would you Trade for Jason Terry?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Chuck Norris, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

of course. He averages 97.4% from 3 point land on us. We have to keep him from playing us. Then send him to the NBADL.

2. rivo

rivo Member

I like him for a long time. Lowry+Terry combo would be terrific. But it's NBA, not FIFA. Terry's salary this year is about 9 million, so the Rockets must offer about 7.2~10 million's salary to trade for him. And don't forget, Dallas is a rich team. They are not interested in trading Terry for expiring contract.

So what about Battier+Taylor for Terry? I agree, but Cuban won't.
    Battier+Budinger? Worth discussing.

3. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

No!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

4. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Hell no, period.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He would've been the perfect compliment to the McGrady and Yao-led teams of a few years ago. He could guard one's on defense and play the two on offense shooting wide-open jumpers off of McGrady penetrations. Basically, he would've been everything that we all hoped Mike James would be.

Terry
    McGrady
    Yao
    Battier
    Howard/Hayes/Padgett/whatever

would've been a great starting five as far as putting complimentary pieces together. I'm so sick of Terry's rat-faced antics (flying around the arena, acting all tough, etc.), but he would've been a God-send at the point guard position over Rafer.

6. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

hmmm since he plays so well when he sees the Rockets uniform... perhaps he could play like a Hall of Famer on the Rockets roster...

Nope, still not willing to do it.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, he would be a talent upgrade.

DD

8. Steve_Francis_rules

I would love for the Rockets to get Jason Terry. I really want him to leave Dallas because I was a huge fan of JT going back to his college days. I don't like having to hate him now that he's in Dallas, but I do.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

At least we wouldn't get beat by the mavs so much.

10. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To trade for any one player solely because he does well against any one team is incredibly stupid. The NBA season is 82 games. The most a team would play against any one player (barring a trade) is 4 games.

4 games / 82 games = 4.9%

You'd trade for a player so you don't have to play against him in 4.9% of your games?

If you're talking on talent and what he could do for the team over the season? Yes, I'd trade for Jason Terry. He's a very good player. He and Brooks would make probably the best backcourt scoring duo in the league.

11. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

maybe but considering our past history of signing guys who'd torched us in the past, he'd end up sucking in a Roxs uni.

So...

[​IMG]

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dude, I think you're addicted to rage-ahol.

13. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

No, b/c he'd only do well against his own teammates in practice since he turns into MJ when he's opposing Rockets. heheh

14. ths balla

ths balla Member

battier for terry straight up

15. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

We already had him...Von Wafer, he came off the bench was cocky, a good shooter but he's not conducive to theam

16. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

No, as soon as he is on this team his super powers would fail.And he would stop making all those killer shots.

17. joesr

joesr Member

All you watch is Rockets game I guess, that guy kills a lot of other teams. In fact the announcers call him the same thing we do. Fancy that.

Denver comes to mind particularity (for the last non Rockets game I saw)

18. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

NO! JT isn't his former 6th man of the year self. He would be a downgrade compared to what we've already got going.

19. redao

redao Member

was Chuck Norris such a chicken?

20. HitenK7

HitenK7 Member

Even though I absolutely HATE Terry for pretty much the same reasons everyone does, I acknowledge his talent.

I'd trade for him.