1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Article: Inside Look at Lebron's coup

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tofu--, Jul 16, 2010.

1. tofu--

tofu-- Member

A blurb from the rather long, but interesting article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-heatfreeagency071610

Apparently Lebron's diva tendencies might stem deeper than we expected.

1 person likes this.
  2. Tuan

Tuan Member

Good read! It was really long though. :grin:

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

James' character is just falling, falling, falling.

Ever since "The Decision," people have decided to pretty much rag on James every chance they get.

Not a piece of media / literature (save a newspaper or two from Miami, maybe) is defending James' decision to go to the Heat.

Quite sad.

4. sbyang

sbyang Member

Didn't even have to click the link to know who wrote this piece of hate. This guy hates Lebron so much, did one of Lebron's entourage do something to him or is he on Dan Gilbert's payroll.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This article basically drives a stake through LeBron. I wish I knew how much of it was true. Regardless, the way LeBron handled his free agency (not his decision to leave Cleveland) has completely changed my opinion about him.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Some people (as evidenced by posts in this thread) are starting to recoil from the amount of hate going towards James, but I think someone with his amount of fame and wealth deserves it if he's going to conduct himself as he does (or seems to).

Some will continue to choose to overlook the dancing, the not shaking hands, the egotism, etc... the 1-hour "Decision" was just another straw on the camel's back..

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Uh oh, sounds a lot like Tmac.....pampered moma's boy enabled all his life....

What, it can't be my fault.

Hell, Lebron even quit like him, in game 5 of the playoffs.

DD

#7 DaDakota, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Read what he says about Dan Gilbert

9. lokeej

lokeej Member

This is why my favorite non-Rocket b-baller has been Durant! And the rate Durant is going, he could very much so be at the Top 3 players in the league in a couple of years. And Durant, unlike LeBron, didn't need a 1-hour public display on where he's going next. He just quietly tweeted that he signed an extension with the Thunder.

10. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

When we Durant a free agent? All he did was sign a extension to his contact, he wasn't a free agent, where he could decide to go.

11. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Lebron didn't quit in Game 5, that's just some hate that is going around on this forum.

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it's kind of a travesty that he'll be remembered in the echelon of small forwards like Larry Bird (who pretty much played til he couldn't stand up) and Dr J (who was just all round class).

13. Summer Song Giver

Pretty sickening article; how much control these guys (Carter, WWW) have over the entire league.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I think Stern should really get off his ass and really dish out a "Stern" punishment for all these d-bags for colluding.

The trade should be rescinded and LeBron and Bosh should be forbidden to ever sign for the Heat.

LeBrick, LeFraud, LeQuit, LePippin, or whatever the hell you wanna call him:

I've got two words for ya!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpiNBiF8Ylc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpiNBiF8Ylc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

15. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

What proof do you have that were colluding? Players are aloud to talk, and play with there friends....

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He laid down, found out about his mama and a teamate, and mailed it in, heck he might have quit because he knew he was going to Miami, and he is probably too much of a coward to leave from a championship team.

LeQuit laid down.

DD

17. ebatinga

ebatinga Member

I know I'm not asking in this in the right thread, but when I logged on this was the only thread at the time relating to the Heat.....at any rate, I'm kind of confused of something...so I read on RealGM that the Heat signed Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman, but their salary isn't being disclosed "per club policy"...but how come the salaries of Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Miller and Haslem disclosed....was it something the individuals and/or agents told the media...or am I just missing something....

18. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

When you think about it, T-Mac was 25 when he came here. Just like Lebron. It would be amazing if his career ended up like McGrady's, rather then those who thought he could be an All-Time great..

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LeBron's career has already surpassed McGrady's. Period.

1 person likes this.
  20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Well if you saw their interview, Bosh screwed up and basically told everyone that this has been in the works for months.

Do you really believe for a second that all of this went down right after July 1st?

You must be one naive individual. They've been planning this ever since the the Olympics in 2008.

Watch this video and around the 3:55 or 3:58 mark is when he screws up:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpiNBiF8Ylc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DpiNBiF8Ylc&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>