1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Article I wrote] Daryl Morey Profile

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballaboy, May 17, 2007.

1. ballaboy

ballaboy Member

This is something that I wrote back in February, but never got around to posting it here. It just gives more information about Daryl Morey. It was actually a lot longer, but I had to cut a lot of stuff because of spacing issues, like his business ventures such as Morey's work with the Red Sox.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Well if he was telling Jvg where repeated errors were happening then we all know that JVG did noting about it! Eg: Howard and his moving picks in almost every game throughout the season. Yao Ming trying to guard guards and getting fouls and Yao getting out of position giving open looks to the basket. Tracy McGrady taking too many outside shots when he scores at a higher percentage when he goes to the basket.Non of these regular mistakes were ever corrected.
    Morey has a lot to learn on how to interpret his stats in relation to practicle basketball and the Rockets in particular.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Interesing article about Morey. Thanks.

However, where it touts play at "crunch-time" and JVG's openess to new ideas and adaptation I'm not sure the actual record bears this out. The Battier trade was pretty good as we got rid of Stromile, even if Gay turns out to be eventually much better than Battier.

4. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

That's the problem.

LOL ... maybe SamFisher can entertain us with some facts about the kind of success Moneyball brought to that Boston franchise. For instance, what positive impact did Moneyball's involvement in Celtics ticket sales have on his team's home game attendance (24th in absolute numbers, 26th in percent capacity -- both worse than those of Houston Rockets) (Exhibit A)?