1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest under control

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slcrocket, Apr 25, 2009.

1. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I didn't seen any other threads on this (but I may have missed them in the flood of new threads that get created after each game - sorry for contributing to the problem :D). Last night's game, it seemed to me that Artest was making an enormous effort to play under control and find his teammates, and it made this team SO much more effective. Everybody knows who Ron is, so nobody's going to leave him alone even if he's not shooting - and he found his offense in that third quarter - but the physical gifts he has are often overshadowed by crazy-ass behavior.

But not last night. He's got such great size and I think he was a great facilitator in the game for the offense particularly. When Ron plays smarter, the whole offense can play together and the role players get more opportunities. I don't remember many times last night when I thought, "Ron, what the hell?" when that was something I thought MANY times in the first two games of this series and in a lot of the regular season.

I'm hoping that this more controlled Artest becomes a more permanent fixture in this series.

2. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

He at times was playing too unselfishly imo.

He needs to be able to post/take over a bit when Yao is p***y footing around like he was yesterday.