1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest Quote: "We’re bypassing the talent and stopping at the station of hard work."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ralphabetsoup, Feb 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

I like TMac, and I like Rafer,
    but honestly, without those two, its like there is an entirely different layer of Rocket team.

both TMac and Rafer dominate the ball. TMac by trying to score or create shots, and Rafer just with general ball handling, usually trying to get it to Yao.

I feel that without those two other teams don't know what we are going to do.
    We don't know what we are going to do. And that is kinda a good thing, because we look for it all. A little Scola post up, a consistent dose of Yao, some fast break, a little Artest, a little Wafer off the bench. Loving this team.

2. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

unless you were tryin to be sarcastic
    this is a Ron thread meaning he was talkin about ron

3. alcatrazpsycho

going in my sig.

4. Got Em

Got Em Member

Did anyone see the interview they had with Ron when they asked him what he thought of guarding LeBron and he answered that it wasn't that hard and that LeBron will have to watch out for the new and improved version of Ron Artest. That was hilarious- he totally turned the question around and gave LeBron no respect. Does anyone remember his exact words or have a vid??

5. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

My fave Ron-Ron quote is: "I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn’t do anything, he didn’t react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett’s a—, and won the damn championship. You know what I’m sayin’? That’s gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he’s a pimp."

It's Yao turn now!

6. TForThree

TForThree Member

You couldn't help but think he's refering to McGrady for saying this.

7. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

Say what you want to say about Ron's penchant to speak his mind and occasionally exaggerates his own capabilities, the guy does backup up his words with action. What he lacks in talent he makes up with toughness and hard work. Frankly, he outplayed Lebron tonight and was instrumental to the our win. To certain extent Artest is an older and less athletic version of Lebron but with more experience and better D. He just doesn't get the RESPECT of the KING from the refs.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think longtime Rocket fans have been waiting for a Maxwell-like player for along time.

The Rockets historically are known for hard workers not glitzy scorers.

What I like is that he cares about the DEFENSIVE challenge than the Offensive challenge of playing a LeBron.

9. kkkpopov

kkkpopov Member

yeah,he is also a artist

10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Yes Sir, even Dream played D first

11. leungevity

leungevity Member

When we first got Ron at the beginning of the season, I was skeptical about the trade because of what I saw on ESPN about his behavior. Now, I'm really glad he 's on the Rox. He seems to be a much nicer guy than the way ESPN portrayed him.

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That's a classic. We need to keep him in a Rox uni so we can have years of hearing these pearls.

13. thefan

thefan Member

He did pretty much call TMAC out earlier in the season when he talked about players relying solely on talent and not hard work.

14. Roddimus

Roddimus Member

Ron Artest was amazing yesterday, and what him and battier did to lebron was awesome. We had the defensive end locked down and were moving the ball like nobody's business on offense. After that satisfying meal of a game I was able to sleep like a baby! Battman and Ron ron FTW! :D

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Artest said the samething in an interview before the Dec 23 on 610 AM

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

That's pretty obvious. It is also pretty obvious that the Rockets have been and are a much much better team this year without McGrady.