1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Artest Has A "Tick"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, May 7, 2009.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

You see how Artest talks after the game? In the locker room?

See his demeanor?

THATS A SCARY MOFOCKER!

And you know what? Since our two leaders are as soft as wet tissues, I say we need to re-sign him ASAP after the season is over.

Yea, he takes crazy shots. Yea, he is crazy period. But you know what? The freakin guy brings a toughness to this team we haven't had in a REALLY long time. I can't remember, actually.

T-Mac with Artest testicular fortitude would be Jordan. Yao with it would be not Hakeem but CHAMBERLAIN!

This guy needs a 3 year deal. Hopefully he won't go nuts....maybe he will.

But the freakin guy is so intense....

I am probably going to regret this but....lets keep that crazy SOB on this team.

Like Kenny Smith said, Yao is not a pit bull. Surround him with some.

Artest is a Rottweiler!

2. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I'm not gonna lie.. I was skeptical.. but after his new haircut, I say sign the man as well.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kobe almost **** his shorts when he saw Ron all up in him like that.

There will be riots in Houston if DM does not re-sign him...

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Did you guys notice Kenny AND CHARLES (omg barkley supporting us?) were wearing Rockets Jerseys underneath there chopper suits!

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Seriously, are you joking? I didn't see it.

6. apxn82

apxn82 Member

Artest said after the game "It's ON LIKE DONKEY KONG game 3"!

7. cson

cson Contributing Member

Great Quote! Put pit bulls around 7'6" and 84% from the line and you've got...well, you've got a Great Wall!

8. Landlord Landry

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAlNrtcPCLw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zAlNrtcPCLw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

I love how Kobe claims to have not seen or heard Ron when Ron got in his face LOL.. Good thing their uniforms are yellow, it probably hid Kobe's piss stain on his shorts when he saw Ron coming at him.

10. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Dude i was thinking the same thing last night. I have a sudden that we are going to see a twitch in his eye later in the series. RonRon could take anyone in that arena.

11. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I don't think Kobe was scared.

Surprised is more like it. Rare someone come up to a player straight up after all the technicals were issued.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't think it is a coincidence that:

a) We have finally gotten out of the first round in Artest's first season
    b) That this happened with us playing without McGrady

Artest reminds me of Barkley (when he was playing) in what he brings to the Rockets team; we needed Barkley to get us past the Sonics in the late '90s and he did that. We needed Artest to get us out of the first round and he has done that.

13. JSizzle

JSizzle Member

You know that Kobe did not want any part of Artest.

This is my favorite quote:

"I went over there with the intention of telling Kobe, 'You're hitting the wrong person. Don't you know you're hitting Ron Artest?" Artest said.

The difference is Kobe is tough, when he can throw dirty elbows, knee people when they are getting up and slapping people when he shoots.

Ron will walk up to Kobe's face, call him out and not back down from his weak intimidation.

It is on in game 3.

14. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Does anyone have the video of his interview last night? He said the word altercation...... who says that? RonRon is nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Come on ALMU that is straight up BS about Yao. He is not soft. He is quiet and not a believer in dirty play but he is not soft. It is dumb to suggest that. No opposing player would do so. Yes he does try to play the game of basketball when other try to fight but he is not soft. ANd he doesn't fear the Lakers. He just like Shane and even Scola mostly want to play by the rules and I susspect they still will but don't expect anything less than a beat down come friday. HOUSTON WILL WIN I GUARANTEE!

16. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

I heard about it on the Lakers forum, they where saying that Kenny and Charles where ridiculous to wear rocket jerseys under their suit!
    I couldn't believe it!!

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Actually ROn Ron sounded pretty not nuts on the film. The problem is in real time for Ron. He will snap and if and when he does somebody is going to get his pretty face knocked off and Ron Ron may be out for the season.

18. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Rock...

Any player that lets a GIMP not allow him to get position in the post is soft.

Any player who gets the ball constantly stripped out of his hands is soft.

Any player who gets the ball shoved back into his face at least once a game is soft.

I am not talking about fighting. I am talking about playing.

We can win with Yao. But I defer again to what Kenny Smith said...YAO IS NOT A PITBULL.

Thats code for SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOFT. Goes for T-Mac also.

19. JLEW1818

JLEW1818 Member

Just the way he talks sounds fake. I'm telling yah the man is a walking prescription. I love him!

He said “there was an altercation”

Hahaha me and my buddy laughed for about an hour.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Of course it isn't a coincidence, if McGrady had Artest with him against Jazz last season (hell, even Rafer for the first 2 home games) we'll be out of the first round as well (I'm not even going to mention the development of the other players yet).

I think the only thing that can be used to describe McGrady is, the dude is cursed. Just plain unlucky in every given way possible, and his attitude ain't helping.