1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Art Class Confidential:the day Roger Clemens lied to me,personally

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by conquistador#11, May 9, 2007.

1. conquistador#11

{Venting}

As a sports fan and a loyal comrade to Houston's cause,this week has been very tough to endure.I've seen my number of posts increase from 200 to almost 400 in a 5 day span,all with the illusion of erasing the misery of defeat from my heart.Am I being Dramatic?Maybe.....just a little.But that doesn't change the fact that this is the second time the capitalist,Roger clemens,has lied to me!!

:flashes Back to 1999,moments before arriving to Roger Clemens' house:

[​IMG][/IMG]

I was a senior at Memorial High School,enrolled in my second year of AP Art,when our Instructor,Senor Marstall, had a mission for us.The orders came down from Roger himself :My comrades(the other art students)and I were to go to Roger's house and paint on his backyard,which resembled a small Costa Rican waterfall.
    Roger was supposed to be there to help out and inspire us(tell us what to do)However,He was nowhere to be found!I had been looking foward to meeting him for the longest time.Instead,We worked for Nine straight hours,complete exploitation of labor.No extra credit,nothing....The only thing I got out of it was pizza and doing Bellies for leaving practice early :(
    I had never been so disappointed in my life,with the exception of the day that I found out Al pacino was not cuban :p

The Point is this....Loyalty, in the sportsworld and in life, is hard to find.While some players need attention,others like Jeff Bagwell and Craig go above and beyond the call of duty for their motherland.
    I'm thankful for them.I'm also thankful for being a part of Clutchfans,the greatest website in the world.During these difficult times,not just sports wise but life in general,this website has helped me to vent.The sense of humour posters bring on a daily basis is remarkable:D

Your comrade in arms,
    Vlad

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

LOL, I needed a laugh. Screw Roger!

3. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

AP Art???? You've got to be kidding me.

4. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Is that your real picture? Expect to be photoshopped soon.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Its because Roger (or as he once introduced himself... ROCKET. the guys a tool) went to Spring Woods High School. The other side of the tracks... He visits their practices on occasion. Guess Kobe isnt as important.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[color=red[b]]For the love of god -- fix your signature.[/b][/color]

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Um, art school can be competitive too...

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I took AP Art History. I **** you not there is an AP test for it...I did not take it. There's also AP Environmental Science. I got a 4 or 5 on it.

9. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

half the ap tests are a joke nowdays, i just took the government one a few days ago and probably got a 5 without studying. some nerds where Im at could skip 2 years of college from getting 5 on all their tests..

10. junglerules

junglerules Member

Ouch! I went to the Woods, but it's funny to hear people cracking on the school, I guess. Although I never met him back in school, I did run into him randomly at the school I work at in Georgetown, TX. He used to have a nephew that attended the school I teach at. He was w/ the Yanks for the first go around back then, so he was only hated by Red Sox and Blue Jay fans then! :)

11. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Granted, but how do you test art with a standardized test? I mean, there's those commercials on TV for the art test where you draw the cartoon turtle, but other than that, I'm completely lost.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I graduated in the '80s so I have no idea about AP testing but I just asked my wife who taught high school art for 7 years and she told me that there is like a district-wide portfolio judging based on specific criteria.

13. conquistador#11

They would let you in based on your portfolio.
    ha,those Tv commercials never get old....can you draw a line,just send us your 50$,and you too can have a future as an artist...