1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Around the Horn: Boston will trade Rondo because Rondo wants out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 29, 2014.

1. forty4487

forty4487 Contributing Member

Ariza + Rondo

2. JD88

JD88 Member

What a lot in this thread seem to be missing, is probably the most important part of this whole idea:

Rondo plays elite defense. In a conference with Paul, Lillard, Curry, Westbrook, Parker, Dragic, Bledsoe, etc., his defense on the ball to not only limit those players but to disrupt the offense (force bad passes, delay the other team starting their offense) would be invaluable.

Rondo would instantly make this team much better on both ends.

3. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Trade Ariza and Dmo for Rondoooooooooo

4. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I'd love to add Rondo, but I wouldn't consider his defense much better than Beverlys. If we'd add him, we'd need to change our game. Harden would need to play much more off the ball, more like Paul Pierce did. The thing about Rondo is, he is a complete player. Great defense, great rebounding, great passing and great at getting to the basket and scoring. Only his outside shooting is lacking... He'd also add some veteran leadership and valuable experience.

But I would only trade for him if he would agree to a contract extension...

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

3 things: impending issues with chemistry, fit, and nothing to offer. The last one is the biggest issue. Offering 2nd or 3rd tier players aka scrubs isn't gonna happen no matter how hard you pray.

6. JD88

JD88 Member

Except Rondo doesnt get into foul trouble.

But yes, I would only approve of this if he already agrees to an extension.

7. New

I thought our only focus this offseason is on starters... Bench? Who cares! Mchale will play his starters 40+ per game anyway and we play a 6 man rotation in the playoff anyway...

8. New

Rondo could play off the bench, couldn't he?

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

So what will be the better offers they get?

10. Play07

Play07 Member

REP ! Great post this man knows basketball !

Yes people have been going on and on about rondo and his fit because of his shooting, doesn't matter if we have a 4 that can shoot, pick & pop... The 4 shooting is way more important than the 1 shooting...

PARKER doesn't shoot 3s much but POP will keep a 4 that can... How does that work for that team ?

11. Fantasma Negro

There's a guy that's available. Low risk high reward. His defense is a bit of a project but the dude is young, can score and plays hard. Terrence Jones

12. cardpire

cardpire Member

People who don't want Rondo because he's not a good shooter are myopic and/or don't really understand basketball.

Health is a legit concern. Absolutely nothing with regards to his game and skill set is a concern. He'd make us a TON better.

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

It's way more than shooting. Health, chemistry and contract add to my 'no thanks' answer. Shooting is actually way down on my concerns.

14. basketballholic

If you want Rondo because of his defense then you should want Rubio even more.

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I personally don't want either but Rondo is a better floor general and given our coaching, or lack thereof, would be why I'd give Rondo the nod.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Truth be told and depending on who the Rockets had to give up for Rondo, they would be instant contenders this season to winning a championship if all healthy. No one would want to play them. Rondo would make Harden and especially Howard better players, he's a true PG with championship metal.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why do folks call for Ryan Anderson over-and-over...and over? By accounts, and I'm not going to seek out links, NOLA said NO to a straight-up deal for Asik last summer; RA said he didn't like playing with Dwight back in the Oh! days; DM allegedly asked for him again when they did the Asik deal this summer, before Bosh. Before Parsons (and Ariza). And the answer from NOLA was NO.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Episode VII: The Rise of the RAOF

19. delishman

delishman Member

Codman!!! Long Live, Codman! #BeWell

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

[​IMG]