1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza said Morey told him before free agency he wouldn't be back with the team.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm really glad that they didn't waste any money on Ariza, watching him go 1-8 from 3 is a LOT more fun when he's killing the other team.

Jayzers_100, Dmo and BigShasta like this.
  2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Disagree as I always tho't it would take +/- 3/33

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There is more.

He told him this and he told him he was going to smash the 3 point record in Trevor's face with Michael Carter Williams.

Then he got into a Tesla and zoomed off.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

How long has Morey been here? What exactly have we won? His bullshit allure is starting to fade.

bmelo and cheke64 like this.
  5. farhen

farhen Member

Murrey really blew this one

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The only place Ariza truly belongs is as a character in “South Park”. He would be the gym coach who once played in the NBA as an overpaid offensive liability who played decent defense once upon a time. And, his South Park b-ball team sucks.

#46 Surfguy, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    BigShasta likes this.
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I seriously doubt Morey just plainly said “You won’t be back with the team next year” like he was cutting him or saying they think he isn’t worth a roster spot.

More than likely Morey already had a heads up of the offers that other gms were preparing to offer Ariza and while he couldn’t give specifics, he certainly wouldn’t hesitate to be up front with him that what he’s likely to get won’t be matched by the Rockets so we don’t want to insult you with an offer that’s not even in the same ball park.

I can see how a player though would say damn... you can’t even make an offer? But I totally see where Morey is coming from because while it makes no difference to Ariza, a low ball offer could later be used to frame an argument that the Rockets insulted him with a low ball offer. Morey was right to be honest about him not being with the Rockets this season, and not giving away a talking point to hold against the org/Tillman about cheap and insulting offers.

hongxingli and BigShasta like this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey sometimes acts like Trump.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Apparently, he was easily tradeable, though.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Soo.... Sarver > Paul > Chandler Parsons?

11. Mr Chuck Norris

Trevor Pippen has been absolute garbage this year, has already been traded, and is shooting 1-20 from 3 in his last 2 games at the Toyota Center. WHY does anyone care. Wizard Defense has been trash with him so far. Stop complaining and move forward. This remind me of the Beverley riders last year. Let that **** go.

Rashmon likes this.
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think Morey is just a classic MIT, Ivy League genius type of dude. Numbers guys and stat geeks aren’t usually the most personable people. They have a laser like focus on whatever the current task is, and they are usually successful because of that focus, and attention to detail. Basketball players have always been sensitive. They want to feel wanted and loved. They expect heart felt communication, but Morey just not built that way. Morey is a numbers machine. He’s like a robot in that sense. That’s all he knows. I think Morey rubs some people the wrong way because they don’t understand him. It’s never personal. It sounds like Trevor got over it.

Time to move on from Ariza and enjoy the Rockets while we continue to claw our way back toward the top.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

That's not the whole story. Before Morey even spoke to Ariza, he already had that conversation with his agent. The agent obviously wants max money from the rockets, therefore Morey told Ariza it's not happening.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I swear some of you all get more emotional than teenage girls after their boyfriends of 2 days break up with them.

kjayp, BaselineFade, Vivi and 4 others like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The GARM has officially jumped the shark.

Vivi, steddinotayto and amaru like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Examples of wives are spot on now. Teenage girls are things of the past for many.

#56 daywalker02, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    steddinotayto likes this.
  17. Dmo

Dmo Member

Me gusta

18. watashi315

watashi315 Member

Morey knew he was going to pay $$$ to keep CP3. He knew Ariza wanted to get paid. Therefore, let's just cut to the chase. No story here. Move on.

steddinotayto and daywalker02 like this.
  19. bmelo

bmelo Member

yeah the praises he is getting here would make you think that the genius with threes and layups theory won multiple championships. but he won nothing with multiple hall of famers in his worktime here lol

20. bmelo

bmelo Member

what exactly is genius about Morey? that he can do math like most of us can? He is just well educated. Like most white collars. The pringels is the one who is genius and revolutionary

BaselineFade likes this.