1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza + Harden 12 of 35. Howard, 7 of 8.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by anchel, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I disagree on Howards part he was just getting layups and dunks on the other hand Dmo should demand de ball more often and we should put Dmo and Beasley at certain situations specialy as soon as they start fouling Howard. On another topic Howards rotation on defense has been terrible he is been outrun he doesn't switch well he looks slow and lazy at some times you can see the difference between him and Dmo and Howard its more gifted and athletic. I have always wanted this marriage to work i think his a nice guy and i truly want him to succeed but sadly for the first time i think we will be better without him.

2. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

I'd take Ben Wallace in his prime

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What does your response have to do with this being a dumb thread? Have you read the title? Have you read what the OP wrote. You can argue that its not the DUMBEST but it's top 5 Dumbest thread I've read on Clutchfans since being a member. He's not even joking are being sarcastic or even trying to be a troll he's dead serious.

4. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I think your insulting Big Ben because he didn't have offensive game but he played hard every single day.

5. dmoneybangbang

Howard can be effective in the post is the point. He simply isn't a player you can just feed into the post. I'm not agreeing 100% with the OP, but I do agree folks are confusing quantity over quality.

6. alethios

alethios Member

I actually watched the game, which is rare for someone living on the west coast, but what I saw was many opportunities to pass to Dwight that were passed up instead offering the ball to someone who was out on the perimeter and either had a defender in his face or was taking a long jumpshot. I'm not happy with Dwight overall this season, but he definitely deserved more passes in the paint on a PnR. Not sure what the issue is, but it seems the team as a whole is tired of his **** and doesn't want to feed him the ball.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

If you say so. Hopefully another team gets to figure out how to incorporate Howard next year and not the Rockets. I feel dumber for having read this nonsense.

8. anchel

anchel Member

So any conversation that includes the name of Dwight is about hating him vs not. Known for next time, that's the level.

Im more than OK with Dwight being not re-signed. If you want to criticize his defense, I'm in. I get the doubts about him as offensive reference... But I was speaking about todays game. Howard was being defended by one of the worst defenders at his position, Enes Kanter. Rockets didnt even look at him, not once, prefered to bet on terrible shots. Fratello saw it, everybody in the world saw it. The Rockets were playing awful posessions while having a potential advantage in the post completely ignored. Rockets players didn't looked to Motiejunas netiher. I say that lack of basket IQ, bad offensive decisions, individually, collectively, costed us the game. Once again. The team plays not smart, the players do whatever they want while not being wise decision makers. We all know that Howard killed Kennedy but that was not the point here.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Whether you hate Howard or not (And I don't hate him, I just recognize his shortcomings) this is a dumb thread.

10. anchel

anchel Member

Intentional sensationalism at the headline, as much. Still have not seen your acute response to my point.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what? If anybody is a loser its the stripper loving allergic to defense guard we have.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Don't bother, man... as far as most on this board are concerned Harden is the GOAT and Howard is ready for the scrap heap.... Howard fumbles away a few balls down low and he's worthless - but harden is gonna set an all time record for turnovers... but because Harden manages to pad his stats - it's all good - despite losing...

Maybe after watching Harden's lame hero ball result in nothing for another few years people will wise up - but I doubt it.... smh...

The fans don't deserve Dwight, let 'em circle jerk over their bearded fool's gold...

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yeh, cause if he got 4 MORE shots he would have MADE 1 less shot than he made on 8 his shots...

THIS is the logic of the Howard bashers.... go resume your circle jerk....

14. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

dwight howard is playing like Wallace from Wallace and Gromit

15. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

guess james is Gromit now

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

if the opposing team would let us dunk every time down the court, that'd be swell

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Because there's no point it's OBVIOUS or it should be. That's why I used the word dumb. But lets just agree to disagree, lol.

18. dmoneybangbang

Darlin', that's an issue that goes back before my post.

As I've said across multiple threads, I won't be sad to see Dwight go but I give props where they are due.

19. dmoneybangbang

Or simply find and pass the ball to Dwight when he has good position. There's a balance here that many overlook....

However, in the big picture Dwight hasn't done anything to improve his game over his career to warrant spending a dime more on.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

For the millionth time our offense is free flowing he can set a pick anytime he wants, he does not. Dwight wants to post up, when he complains about not getting touches he's not talking about PNR. Dwight is his own worst enemy.