1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster rips Anheuser-Busch's statement on NFL's issues

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Boz, Sep 16, 2014.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because he's spent billions of dollars aligning his brand with another organization that has had the PR week from hell? That's marketing 101, dog.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think the 2 week suspension for Ray Rice and the longer suspension for drug abusers caused it. If Rice had initially been suspended for like a whole season, everything probably would have been "fine".

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

At the same time, Arian says he doesn't drink, yet he still ruins his family by sleeping with and impregnating someone outside of his marriage without the aid of alcohol. He should probably just stop typing.

4. The Law

The Law Member

Possibly, but was it because of the crime or because of who the player was? Greg Hardy committed a terrible offense, was convicted and was about to skate by under the radar a long time before Ray Rice. In fact, according to an NBC article just published there are currently 12 players in the nfl whom were arrested at some people for family violence. Combined suspension for those players- 0.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Part of that can also be attributed to the fact that our TMZ-style national media had a juicy video to show, and a couple of celebrities got teary eyed. Suddenly, everyone makes it their business. - it was a sexy thing to take a stance on.

6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Uhh, it was never proven that Ray Lewis killed anyone. Josh Brent on the other hand...

7. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Can't wait for Arian's tweets on why it's wrong to have a child with another woman while you are married. I'm sure it will be just as "insightful" as his latest tweets against the hypocrisy of AB.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Just being a good teammate guys, nothing to see here

9. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

so he's not allowed to have an opinion? lol, get a grip.

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

right? not really seeing how having an affair and this are related

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

so I'm not allowed to an opinion about his opinion? lol, get a grip.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think 6 games would have been fine initially. After the video... tough to say.
    He's not profiting off of it.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

Wasn't his a misdeamenor? Plus the NFL hasn't decided on the punishment yet because it is still in court, I think

We already knew that Rice knocked his wife out and dragged her out of the elevator. Those facts were available from the beginning.

14. The Law

The Law Member

The only reason it was a misdemeanor was because of the state it was in. A felony in one state could be less in another just because of scale of offenses. For instance, if Ray Rice committed the same offense in Texas as he did in NJ, it would have been a Class A Misdemenor, Assault Causing Bodily Injury- Family Violence.

The 911 audio in the Greg Hardy case is pretty disturbing and he was already found guilty (not a plea bargain like Rice got) and had a jail sentence suspended in lieu of a longer probation sentence.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

There are some obvious flaws in Foster’s logic in that drinking alcohol — either responsibly or irresponsibly — doesn’t always or even often lead to domestic violence. But Foster’s thoughts do touch on an important fact — abuse of alcohol is a contributing factor in the prevalence of domestic violence. Studies from the New England Journal of Medicine, the Journal of Substance, and the Journal of the American Medical Association have all concluded alcohol abuse can significantly raise the chances of a domestic violence situation occurring. The latter study concludes that up to 92 percent of cases it looked at were connected to alcohol or other drug abuse.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...tement-on-the-nfls-domestic-violence-problem/

16. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

huh, what?

You told Arian to stop typing... I called you out for it.

When did I say you were not entitled to an opinion?

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

IF your argument is that it's not a companies place to speak on the issue, thats a perfectly reasonable argument (I said the same thing in my first post). This is not Foster's argument though. He's stating that beer companies specifically should not speak on the issue as they are 'synonymous' with domestic violence.

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Not to mention the fact that the product that their company is selling has directly ruined thousands upon thousands of lives. Absolutely, without a doubt directly ruined lives.

The NFL's product has only ruined a few hundred lives, and that's only as a byproduct of its violence.

The NFL's employees, which Anhueser is taking such a stance against, have only directly ruined a small fraction of that amount of lives through domestic violence. In fact, I dare say, probably just as many as Anheuser employees themselves.

As I said before. What Foster said is absolutely correct. The company comes off looking like pissed off whiny schoolgirls by speaking out like that against the NFL. Unfortunately, in our society, though, money speaks. In fact, it yells. I just think that although he's absolutely correct, and his points are great, Foster's comments were a bit ballsy. Although I also feel that he has a lofty enough profile that he's at little risk to say them.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Dead @ Entenmann's - Who's #notguilty about eating all the tasty treats they want?! (Casey Anthony)

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

**added** No one cared at the time.