1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster rips Anheuser-Busch's statement on NFL's issues

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Boz, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

did the NFL hold Rice accountable for his actions? 2 game suspension? possibly ignore the video evidence that was sent to them?

2. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Can we have our first Texan thread moved to the D&D? I sure hope so. Then we can all start saying what we really want.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Well supposedly they've had the video, and didn't make the new suspension until the public saw it. In that case keep what you had at first, and don't make a new punishment based off backlash.

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Don't think that was Arian's point. I think he is sick of everybody jumping on causes and acting all "offended" only when that cause is politically relevant. Extra annoying when a alcohol company makes a statement, due to the close link between domestic violence and alcohol.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I find Arian Foster annoying. Everything he says/does seems like a calculated, poorly calculated, way to position his "brand". He's not insightful, he's not deep, he's just a kid.

With that said...

I have no problem with the statements, regardless of how much ad money Anheuser-Busch pays the Texans. That's not Arian's business.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

he's calling them hypocritical which means he's claiming they are culpable for domestic violence which is moronic.

nope. He directly pointed to the fact that its a beer company in the very first tweet. Foster's position is beer(alcohol) companies are instigators of domestic violence and therefore can't speak out against it.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, can't agree with Arian here.

8. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Whether he's right or wrong about their timing, he's not enlightening anyone, and bringing all that up doesn't make him look smart.

They have supported the NFL as a sponsor for a long time, the NFL has handled this in at the very least an awkward if not completely inept way, and so they are making a statement to posture against that, while bringing attention to a subject that probably needs it in general even though right now it's all the rage, pun intended.

Whatever. Twitter people irk me. hashbrown momshouldahuggedmemore.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

His last Tweet is about it being political. If he faces any heat for the statements then he's validated. The only reason he'd face heat is because Anheuser-Busch is in his bosses pocket.

10. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The NFL is not the law.

11. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

THIS

Rocket River

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh dayum u made it pink - das sum halarious

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

He's absolutely right, but I don't think I'd have the balls yo publicly bash my employer's top endorser.

15. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The NFL, like most other large organizations (sports or otherwise), doesn't have a single moral bone in its body. The league is heartless and cowardly. The league only cares about one thing: money. Every single reactive decision or non-decision it's made regarding the AP and Ray Rice situations has been centered around PR and designed to try and protect its bottom line. Once sponsors started getting cold feet, the league (Vikings in AP's case) immediately started listening. It's obvious where the NFL's true interests lie.

As for Anheuser-Busch...if they truly cared about these issues, then they would shut down their company. But of course they aren't going to do that...the almighty dollar rules all.

And as for Arian...please dude, just stop speaking out in public so damn much. I bet BoB's a bit miffed at him.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

How many campaigns have they started to stop domestic violence? The NFL is not responsible for Ray Rice hitting his fiance but they have an opportunity to make a statement. Beer making companies are not responsible either but they can advise their consumers to not abuse their wives.

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Nothing wrong with what Arian said, I mostly agree.

However, the annoying thing about Arian is he constantly gets involved with worldly affairs. For someone who is philosophical, especially eastern philosophy, that seems contradictory. He's basically a philosophical hipster/poser, not a real genuine believer or practitioner. What a douche.

The other contradicting thing with Arian. He's an extremist, either talking too much or not saying anything at all for example. That is direct contradiction to avoiding extremism and find balance.

#57 ipaman, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Alcohol alters your state of mind.

If you do something under the influence then alcohol is partly responsible for it.

I agree with Foster. If you are spending billions on advertising trying to get people to drink your mind-altering drug then maybe you shouldn't be speaking out against actions that your own product contributes to.

19. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

This made me laugh

20. The Law

The Law Member

From my person experienced dealing with Family Violence in a professional sense, alcohol doesn't contribute to a person feeling obligated to strike a famil member, it is the character and makeup of a person to have the ability to harm ones family. However, an abuser might act out more harshly if alcohol is introduced to their system.

I agree with Arian's take in that, why has the witch hunt just began with this particular case? NFL players have been making bad decisions for years. Where was the outrage when Leonard Little, Donte Stallworth and Josh Brent killed people because they were intoxicated? Didn't see it as an "image" problem for the NFL when Aaron Hernandez was murdering (allegedly) people? What about when it was common practice for the Bengals players to be arrested every other day? Same can be said when PacMan Jones was involved in paralyzing a man inside a strip club.

Not sure why Ray Rice triggered this, but it was a long time coming and hopefully the end game in all of this is a more respectable league, where character might weigh in the decision making of a front office a tad more than just pure athletic skill. Make a person accountable for his actions and the bad will weed themselves out and we will have a better game because of it.