1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster rips Anheuser-Busch's statement on NFL's issues

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Boz, Sep 16, 2014.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Arian is a pret-- oh, shoot.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Gotta say I agree with him. I saw it first hand growing up, as I'm sure others here have as well.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Can't disagree

4. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

haha, Arian is on point.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. A lot of this has been overplayed media drama now.

You turn on ESPN and you'd think this was the end of the NFL as we know it. It shouldn't be a surprise to most fans that some players are bad people...and some of them are good too.

Just getting tired of hearing how this is a "Dark dark day for the NFL...will it ever recover?"

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Synonymous?
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I'm confused by it. I've been sitting here trying to figure out where all the choir boys went that have traditionally made up the NFL.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I enjoy having a beer while NEVER beating my children.

The NFL's handling of these issues has been ridiculous. It took the sponsors getting involved for the NFL to change course...I'm glad the sponsors got involved, frankly. They have no policy with any coherency...all they do is react, and only after there's pressure on the bottom line.

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

[​IMG]

There is nothing wrong with the NFL or its corporate sponsors re: domestic violence.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Dumbass Ray Rice- if only he had incorporated himself as Ray Rice LLC, he could have escaped the fell hand of COMMODORE INTERNET JUSTICE.

1 person likes this.
  11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

12. Nero

Nero Member

FIFY :rolleyes:

13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Doing crack is not morally equivalent to hitting your child. Not even close.

14. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Sort of agree with Arian, I believe most logical people can have a beer & not beat their kids, but it seems like Busch's just trying to be extra relevant with that statement. No one really cares about the opinion of a company that sells alcohol on this issue, especially when they're trying to be all high & mighty.

It's like McDonald's criticizing a doctor that's let of a series of people die from heart problems recently because of wrongful diagnosis.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The NFL cares. It's not about their product; it's about their advertising dollars. As I recall, that's their biggest sponsor. Their influence is because of the money they spend with the NFL.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I tend to find Arian's phycobabble/community college philosophy asinine but he actually has a point based on statistics on this one. Good on him.

17. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

No he doesn't. Trying to blame alcohol companies for domestic violence is dishonest at best (no reason to blame anyone other than ray rice). That being said, I don't see why the Busch owner felt the need to make a public statement.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Well I can agree with that however I know "public" statements are what's in right now, I'm just having a hard time believing that the "public" wants to hear/see a strongly worded statement from a company that sells alcohol for the simple fact that some people will find it some what hypocritical, like myself.

It's something I believe the sponsors & the corporation (or vice versa) should handle in private until their ties have been cut which to that point I don't think anyone has any problem with them publicizing a statement about it.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

<iframe width="600" height="337" src="http://embed.crooksandliars.com/embed/8xGdoman" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

I don't think he's trying to say alcohol caused this. Merely that alcohol can be, and very often is, a contributing factor to dv situations, something that's been pretty well known for a long time. Which makes the sudden jumping on the bandwagon by Busch seem very disingenuous.