1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster injures groin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Airdough

Airdough Member

Either the timing of the injury is being misrepresented or you have to consider the source. John Harris has a lot of knowledge but he's paid by the Texans and is long time friend with O'Brien. The chances he lets something out first that is negative isn't as likely as another source outside the organization.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh wow, 3-6 months is the time table for recovery? That's brutal.

3. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

Has Arian Foster ever been healthy in training camp. Why is he always injured during this time?

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I love groin injuries. I have one right now.

The only thing I can think he did that might require surgery is a muscle torn off the bone. I've torn my adductor off the bone from a contact injury. That ****ing sucked, but they actually don't recommend surgery for it. Took me about 4 months to recover.

5. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

Bring back Ben Tate!

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ben Tate was terrible outside of Houston and he was a cancer in the locker room everywhere he went.

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

They have a lot of confidence in this guy and they're relying on him not just in all facets of the offense. Except something horrible happens, he's a Texan this time next year.

9. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

sarcasm. LOL

I know he sucked last season plus he didnt end his career with the Texans on good terms with the fans. No way he comes back

My preference is trading for christine michael

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right, but the rest of the Houston media didn't pick up on anything yesterday, and neither did NFL Network who was on-site. Maybe they were too busy covering JJ Watt :grin:
    Yes, the linked references to Schefter and Ganguli are in this thread and were from 10:00 this morning. So for 12 hours, in the 24-hour news cycle world we live in today and the most talked about sport in the US (and Houston for that matter), not a word about a potentially devastating injury. Just blows my mind, that's all.

The Houston pessimist/pragmatist in me feels that things were going too good for H-town, and the other shoe dropping was just around the corner :(

11. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Yup I was feeling all good hearing about how awesome Foster was looking during camp...knowing...knowing in the back of my mind this dude was gonna get bit by the injury bug at some point. Might as well be early I guess

12. Fantasma Negro

My goodness can someone get this man a proper magnesium suppliment and a massage therapist, this is getting embarrassing for the Texans training staff

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Better now than later. He may still come back and we have ample time to go get a filler or perhaps even a long-term solution.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, you can't blame the training staff, this is an Arian problem.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Well ****. He was pretty much our offense last year so this sucks.

16. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Where do you see/hear that?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well

1. The defense should be better this season vs last season

2. The WR corps and TE corps should be much better this season vs last season

3. The QB position has potential to be better if Mallet continues to improve and stays healthy

4. Maybe if he gets his annual injury out of the way early, he can be healthy for the playoffs.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

http://www.scout.com/nfl/texans/story/1570192-arian-foster-out-for-the-near-future

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Nobody really knows anything but the people that know. Everything is speculation at this point.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was expecting Arian to get hurt this season (who didn't based on his track record) but didn't expect it to occur in the first practice of training camp.