1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster injures groin

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tellitlikeitis, Aug 4, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

sounds rushed to me..

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">O'Brien says Arian Foster will be back sooner rather than later relative to the early prognosis on him. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/640982512752328704">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

what does that mean? the early prognosis of potential season ending injury? the early of prognosis of around half the season?

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

When was it ever considered potentially season ending?

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's also much more secrecy and "games/shenanigans" played with injury reports in the NFL than any other league.

Foster had surgery in early August... and with a typical recovery time of 4-6 weeks, along with a 2-3 week rehab/strength-training window, its not overly optimistic to expect him back at the 2.5 month mark (which would be the end of this month).

Also, based on previous years, Foster seems to have a great idea of when he's full strength/ready to go. He hasn't had any "re-injury" or "rushed" episodes in years' past. If he feels ready, I'd trust him.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Additionally, given Foster's track record of not really needing pre-season at all in previous years... I don't consider him to need much time to get back up to speed.

7. cardpire

cardpire Member

immediately after he got injured. who knows what he's talking about. he's obviously being intentionally vague.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My recollection was 2-3 months from the time of injury, which would have put him back on the field around week 8 or 9. However, soon after the surgery, the time frame was drastically reduced. My guess would be around week 4.

9. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Seems like one of the first hamstring injuries ,he came back and re injured it fairly quick ... been a few years might be remembering wrong ?

10. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They (seemingly) haven't been wrong on Clowney.

That's what I keep going back to; they've been, it seems from the start, optimistic with Clowney - IIRC, they've been hinting he'd be ready earlier for several months and it looks like he is indeed going to be back this week, which... I mean, did anyone think he'd be playing week 1? Wasn't the initial diagnosis thought to be a year?

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

I think initially we heard/read he'll be out for 8 weeks. Not sure if that came from the team or from speculation from media though.

12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Clowney? Or Foster? I was talking about Clowney, who they've been transparently optimistic about for a long time. And, sure enough, rightfully so, it seems.

So if they're telling us Foster could be back early... my guess is that he'll be back early.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was certainly expecting Clowney to miss significant time at the start of the season this year, his progress has been amazing.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

!!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wow! <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora">@JasonLaCanfora</a> on Arian Foster: &quot;Would not be surprised if he plays next week ...Going to be Week 2 or Week 3&quot; <a href="http://t.co/xyVoSBfU9q">http://t.co/xyVoSBfU9q</a></p>&mdash; Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) <a href="https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/642114523822997504">September 10, 2015</a></blockquote>

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, that's potentially even earlier than I thought. That would be amazing.

16. Mattician

Mattician Member

Just hope he's not rushed back too soon.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

hmm...Arian's desire to hurry back to the field??? my guess:

"Contract year"

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources say Arian Foster recovery has progressed to where he may miss 2-3 games instead of 4-5, emphasizing it remains fluid rehab situation</p>&mdash; Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/642125984200794112">September 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

and that's just so much more legit now.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Wait did he post that from the future??? Its September 10th

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Isn't that what it says?