1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster Had A British Accent Today

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by BAM, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Arian Foster's main problem is that he is not a white player in the NFL. Whenever you have an intelligent, well spoken professional black NFL player- the hounds come after him and try to malign every move he makes on and off the field. Just look at someone like Richard Sherman a man of intellectual superiority and a true master on the field.

But those in the media and fans like to portray him as a straight up thug from Compton despite his academic achievements that put him in the top 1% of all Americans. Basically the white masters in the NFL want Arian to not talk, not espouse any intelligent opinion and just run boy run. If you speak out you're gonna get in a heap o' trouble boy. Any black athlete with a social conscious or opinion is automatically told that he isn't in the right to make statements such as these. It has been seen time and time again from the era of Tommie Smith, to Arthur Ashe to Muhammad Ali and even today.

For a player such as Foster who has been the real MVP of the Texans for most of this decade he gets a bunch of hate from this traditionally white base of fans. Even such a player as maligned as Brian Cushing gets more love and attention from the base.

I see your double standard and am not impressed.

1 person likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

nice b8 m8

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Foster deserves credit. No matter what he does off the field, on the field he brings it every game. I will never forget his performance against the Ravens in the Playoffs a few years ago. He went into full beast mode that even the Ravens top run defense could not stop him.

This year he has proven that he is still an elite back, despite all of the injuries.

1 person likes this.
  5. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Amen. They try to put Foster in a box but Foster ain't gonna go in no damn box.

6. ThaShark316_28

I've heard more snarling from non-whites than anyone when it comes to an Arian Foster discussion.

You nailed it with Sherman, too. Non-whites tear into these cats, HP. It's awful. We want people to speak on social issues, until they do.

7. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I think he's just having fun at their expense -- sports and music journalists have a crappy job, IMHO. They can either ass kiss or risk losing access to the people they are supposed to cover, which makes for incredibly boring television. 99% of all sports or music interviews are gong to be the same, and Foster is just keeping it interesting.

My all-time journalist troller was Lou Reed. Maybe Foster should take notes and up his game:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UsiA6jiIaDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Considering all the crazy controversies NFL players get into with the law, Arian Foster's eccentricities are refreshing. It's not like anyone is outraged.

1 person likes this.
  8. ThaShark316_28

FIXED.

9. Bandwagoner

richard sherman is a punk ass front runner who acts tough when he wins and dodges the media completely when he gets owned on the field.

10. Win

Win Contributing Member

Well, now that we have a lou Reed reference in the Texans forum, I can move on with life. Nicely done, Deji.

11. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

It ain't a race thing
    It's an aashole off the field thing

ultimsteky he gets paid to run and he dies that well
    He's still an aashole

12. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And he's almost certainly smarter than you.

13. Bandwagoner

he is almost certainly faster and stronger than me. He scored a 24 on the wonderlic.
    [​IMG]

fake ass tough guy.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I've never heard Foster say anything intelligent in my life. He sounds like a freshman in college that took a few courses and thinks he knows something.

Hey, Arian, what do you like, bro? I like Egyptian culture and pyramids. What do you like about the pyramids? Umm.... they're like, hard to build and triangles. So majestic and complex.

I like Sherman. But Foster is a little kid.

Great runner though. Keep on running.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's almost at 1,000 meters for the season.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

The guy is no JJ Watt and he refuses to change himself for the media. His employers (Texans and the NFL) know his value and pay him as much. It's not fair to say he's trying too hard. Maybe that's just the way he is. Stop comparing him to other players and let the man be. I can't stand that he cheated on his wife and I can't stand some of stuff sounds hypocritical but he has the freedom to be who he is. You force him to give interviews then deal with what he does in the interviews

17. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Lol, you mad bruhh

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

But, eye'z tired Boss.