1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster considered leaving football after last year's back injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Aug 4, 2014.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

My comment about Arian being more than a football player was more about him thinking he's above everyone around him...not that he is ONLY a football player and nothing else in life.

2. rezdawg

I think it would be great if a doctor diagnosed my son with a spine...he needs to be able to stand up for himself.

1 out of 100,000 high school football players encounters a spinal injury. Pretty small odds, and that is why these NFL players go out on the field and risk that chance for a shot at millions. They dont do it so they can entertain us, they do it because they will be set for life.

And obviously nobody rejoices at spinal injuries...but there has to be a certain level of understanding. Risk/reward. Nobody should be sad for Arian or any other athlete...just like nobody should be sad for me when a I get a needle prick from a patient who has HIV. I've had that happen to me and I understand the risks of my profession. It is what it is.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There should be the understanding that the players care about fame/money and the fans care about entertainment. Neither should really care about what the other cares about and the players are just temporary cogs in a much larger machine that are used up and discarded....and rightfully so. They are well compensated and the fans get the entertainment they want, everyone wins.

1 person likes this.
  4. rezdawg

Yes sir, I agree.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As to the original topic, it's pretty obvious why Arian spoke out about allegedly questioning returning to football after injury, the topic of the danger of football is highly controversial and in the headlines so he speaks out about it so he can get the attention from it. It's the same thing about when the topic of colleges paying players was all over the headlines, he wanted to get in on that so he spoke out about what he was getting when he was in college. He's just after the "fame" part now that he has the money part down.

6. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

I WANT TO HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY ABOUT BOB, FOOTBALL, & THE TEXANS.

Ughhhhhh you're the worst, sir. You've tried to misconstrue everything I've said. I care about what he has to say about football and how he's going to run like a F-ing champ this year. I don't care about his self-help-book-caliber insights though.

And I apologize to everyone for typing in all caps, but Remii isn't great at reading comprehension and I thought it might be a little easier for him to understand.

7. Remii

Remii Member

I didn't hear the entire interview, but hopefully next time Hannah Storm will ask him the questions you want to hear him answer.

8. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

it's a divisional thing...

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I bet Junior Seau thought of himself as more than a football player

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

just like there should be the understanding that young men care about freedom/justice and the American people care about not having bombs go off in their neighborhood. Neither should really care about what the other cares about and the young men are just temporary cogs in a much larger machine that are used up and discarded... and rightfully so, they get veteran benefits and we dont have roadside bombings, everyone wins.

11. mick fry

mick fry Member

I really dont care what Foster has to say, when its game time he better bring it. Football is a rough sport and thats why he gets paid the big bucks. If he shows any signs of half assin it during a game you bench him and if he doesnt get the message then you trade or cut him.

12. rezdawg

This makes no sense. Try again.

13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yikes.
    I don't think there is a single liked player on this team. Everyone now hates AJ and Foster.
    Watt and Clowney will be hated in time.

14. Remii

Remii Member

They just need to keep their mouth shut and or never say anything in the media that fans may not like and they'll be fine... Cushing is a cheater and has been pretty much just taking up cap space the past two years but the fans don't jump on him like they do Foster and AJ.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Since when do I have to like douche bags?

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

player suffers back injury.
    media asks if said player thought about retirement due to the injury.
    player says yes.
    5+ pages of arguments about said player's doucheyness.

wtf did you expect him to say?

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm just trying to be the best teammate I can be.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're not really going to get very far trying to equate entertainers to soldiers.

19. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

Wow, there are some big time jock sniffers in this thread.

20. val_modus

val_modus Member

Hes just out there working hard, trying to be the best teammate he can be :)