1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster considered leaving football after last year's back injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Aug 4, 2014.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I once considered what it would be like to have the ninja turtles for friends

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If you dont think Arian has an arrogance about him...or if you dont think that Arian doesnt see himself as an intelligent being far superior to the norm...then you need to pay closer attention.

I dont think Im anything special outside of my profession...Im a nice guy and I treat others well. But Im not way up here, while others are down below me.

3. Remii

Remii Member

Maybe you pay to close attention... I mean you're paying attention to things that really shouldn't concern you and or have no effect on you and doesn't effect the team on the field. You're also forming your opinions about Foster from a distance _ as in his Twitter account and his interaction with the media. When really the only thing fans should be worried about is his yards per carry and how he performs on the field.

4. rezdawg

Lol, Im not worried about how Arian interviews...I can have an opinion about it without being concerned about it. Just like I have an opinion on birds that migrate at certain times of the year...I have an opinion, but I dont give a ****.

Same thing with Arian, he has his dumb antics, but all that matters to me is what he does with the ball. But dont let him know that because he gets really upset with people that care about his yards per carry.

5. Buck Turgidson

Do tell.

6. rezdawg

I think their migration patterns are very inefficient! :grin:

7. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

"Hey baby, wanna see how fast I am? ;)"

8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

You should sharpen up your reading comprehension skills before posting. I said we don't pay for that, we pay them to play football.

9. Major

Major Member

I think it's pretty arrogant to think you know anything about an athlete based on the snippets you get in the media. Also seems to pretty arrogant to expect someone else to only think of themself as a football player and nothing more as well - as though their existence is just about what they do for you and nothing more matters.

If you don't like what he says in the media, don't read it. No one makes you do it. I think it's odd for people to b**** about the Gary Kubiaks of the world with their land say-nothing-but-coach-speak press conferences and then also b**** about athletes actually being honest and speaking their mind.

You certainly seem to be acting like you're superior to Arian Foster because he has the nerve to talk in an interview about his health and his fears.

10. mario_v

mario_v Member

I don't really care about foster, never have. His self righteous, pseudo intelligent philosophy bs is annoying. All I care about is if he can run the ball and score td's.

The second he's not producing on the field, his ass is getting cut and he can go act like a spoiled, entitled diva elsewhere.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's the internet. What do you expect?

[​IMG]

12. rezdawg

You have no idea what I know and don't know...I can tell you right now I have experiences with Arian that are far greater than what the media tells me.

And there is nothing wrong with football players thinking they are more than football players...but I do feel like it is wrong for any person to think they are superior to others, and that's my issue. I treat the lady that cleans my office bathrooms in exactly the same way I'd treat a family member.

Again, I don't say specifics here bc it's not the place for it...but Arian is exactly like the snippets you get from the media times 10.

13. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Spill the beans, bro. Sounds interesting. And this is exactly the place for specifics lol

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The guys knows douchbags. He went to Roak and Roosevelt every weekend. (Not assuming Rez is a DB just hangs with them)

15. rezdawg

Roak was twice a week, lol. And with that, comes many encounters with Houston athletes bc I was around a lot of girls that garnered their attention. Some of the guys are cool as **** (Bobby Sura, Mario Williams, Chase Budinger, etc...) and others are assholes, like Arian Foster and Luis Scola (lol). I only caught Luis on one night, so that could be an aberration. But Foster was a few times and it was consistent.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Then why in da hell are you so worried about what comes out of his mouth...??? You should be upset with the media for sticking a mic in his face. Foster has been the same "Foster" since the beginning. And many fans had no problem with it ---> until he got that "sweet lil innocent girl" pregnant.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rezdawg is right..I posted earlier in the thread how Arian mentioned on Twitter he didn't know how to turn his ego off when he was off the field. What I got from his series of tweets was basically that he realized he was being a douche and that was more of a defensive mechanism for him, I guess to keep from looking vulnerable or weak when life gets though..supposedly, he's turning it off now, so maybe this is a new him. Too early to know, since the media thing he did was like the usual Arian, but a day our two later he was reported to be lively and interacting with fans. Perhaps he's having trouble with the change, so he's slipping in and out of it.

And I don't think it makes sense to just worry about what he does on the field. If Watt decided to start going out and party regularly, would that not reflect poorly on to the field? Should we just not worry about it and support him the same?

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

as any human with a brain should... Go forbid he had a Dviid Wilson type injury that seems normal at first but than turned out to be long term damage, he should see himself as more than a football player, because he is.

Arians live isn't all about football, sure we like to here stores about JJ that are so determined to be great.that they sacrifice everything else in their life.. but if you ask me Arian has is priorities in check better than JJ

Some people realize the risk that they are taking when they step on the field and i know as a fan you you tend to forget about it once that guy gets carted off the field but Spine injuries can literally change your life forever. so i doth want to here any junk about someone who is putting his livelihood on the line evrertweek for your team and for your entertainment
    Go send your son out there and have him take a bad hit and then diagnosed with a spine and and than comeback and tell me how you feel...

the biggest douches in this thread are the ones calling arian the douche, Im just so tired of people talking about athletes like they oww them something.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Foster and Scola have not been single in a while. Those other guys are, or were, bachelors for a while. That's going to explain why they were assholes to goldiggers, unless you have examples of them being that way to bartenders or others fans.

I should have read this before agreeing with you lol, but I stand by what I wrote in my previous post.

20. rezdawg

My opinion of them had nothing to do with them being single or not...and everything to do with how they were treating people around them and their general attitude towards anyone around them, not just women. Gold diggers shouldnt expect athletes to be nice to them.

Luis actually got physical with me for no reason...not like fist fight physical, but a shove here and there (two freaking times in one night, lol). I can understand maybe alcohol playing a role in it...and like I mentioned, Ive only had one encounter with him, so I dont know his typical pattern.

Foster was on more than one occasion. One time, I had dinner with him and a little group of people at Kata Robata. He sat on the other end of the table, but I can still hear him talk and observe his general attitude and treatment of others.