1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster considered leaving football after last year's back injury

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by zeeshan2, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I want nothing for him but success. We need him at peak performance. He's just annoying. It's like Johnny Manziel, the guy was a monster, but he's obviously a douche. Manziel is marginally more likeable because what he's doing is almost comical and he's been able to step up to the plate so far (in college). With Foster... he hasn't done enough lately to look past it all.

It is what it is.

1 person likes this.
  2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

I just wish he could play as much as he talks.

4. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

No, I assure you Manziel is just as easy to dislike as Arian.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

WHY ALL THE HATRED???

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I still love Foster...if he stays healthy, he can have an MVP type season.

7. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Keep being a douche, Arian. Keep getting under these peoples skin, maybe it'll weed out all sensitive Matt Schaub types..

8. Major

Major Member

Why? He was talking about his thoughts when he first got injured. Then he's talking about where he is now. It seems fairly normal after a scary injury to re-evaluate your career and future health.

The responses here are weird. :confused:

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Extreme hate? Overreact much?

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think it's called being a Houston sports fan. Some miserable bastards up in here.

1 person likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Ah hell, I was almost considering not watching football after last season.

1 person likes this.
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yeah dude, I would call this fairly extreme for a guy that did nothing more than an insignificant interview. The name Royce F'n White was invoked. People act as if he's refusing to play.

1 person likes this.
  13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

But i didn't get the feeling that those were just thoughts he overcame...to me it sounds like he's still wondering and he could retire at any moment. Since i follow him on twitter, the "best me i can be" sounds like a personal change, not on the field change, where he's trying to be the best player he can be. About a week ago he tweeted about learning to turn off his ego off the field and loving yourself more, being happy, etc..

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

u mad bro?

15. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Idk why he didn't just tell her he was trying to be the best teammate he could be

16. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Maybe he was commenting on his life both on and off the field, thus talking about being "me". I don't know. I didn't see anything very douchey in that interview.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Weird Foster hate here. You can hate him for sine of his personal stuff but can't hate him for looking out for his long term health.

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yeah I have no problems with they way he has approached interviews... I mean it is a lot more entertaining than any other interviews going on right now. I tried listening to Case Keenums interview and he lulled me to sleep with the whole, "Just taking it one day at a time." shtick.

I dont even understand why they interview i mean we are not going to learn anything about the team by them and the players are either going to say something stupid or say nothing of substance... just seems like the media is scraping the bottom of the barrel and thats why i dont get why people are hating on Arian for trolling them.

19. Granville

Granville Member

that's typical Foster. Too cool for school trying to make the ladies think he's some deep thinker and not interested in tapping that ass.

20. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It's not that people are knocking him for looking out for his long term health...I think the issue that people have is that he's not really as concerned as he says he is. I mean, is he really that close to being paralyzed or dying on the football field, as he mentions?

I mean, even Arian freaking Foster mentioned that the surgery he had last year wasnt that big of a deal...and now he's talking about concerns of being paralyzed? :rolleyes:

All football players face the fears of injuries and how it'll affect their future, so nothing wrong with having those thoughts...but I dont really think Arian was considering retiring because of the chances of paralysis or death. That's just some typical Arian philosophical, deep thinking BS that he throws around on his weekly interviews.