1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arenas uses blog to predict 50-point game vs. Blazers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jlwee, Feb 9, 2007.

1. JJ

JJ Member

Doubtful. The Blazers, on the road, give up 7.5 more points than they score.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a fan of Arenas, but there is no call for that. It is just silly of him, even though I don't think he was all that serious about it.

It was pure stupidity on his part.

3. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Yah, but they are pumped up for this game and Arenas will contribute to the Wizards demise today. Plus, they don't have Jamison and he's their best all around player.

4. Vienna Calling

Well, so far it's not looking good for Gilbert's prediction. The first quarter is over and Agent Zero has 0 points on 0-3 shooting from the field.

...and the Blazers lead 21-12.

5. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

nice, 1st half, down 11 to the blazers.

6 pts, 3 rebs, 2 asts, 1 stl, 3 TOs, 3 fouls, 2-9 FG, 0-5 3's

Can't handle Jack!

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am interested in what Arenas is gonna say when he can't even score 15 and the Wizards get blown out.

Arenas only took 8 shots and 2 fts in the first half. I am not watching that game. Can anyone tell me, is it Portland trying hard to deny Arenas or is it his teammates freezing him out?

8. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

LOL... Arenas - 3-13 , 0-7 3pt so far. Nice prediction!

9. Omer

Omer Member

His playful arrogance backfired on him, I had a feeling this was gonna happen.

10. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

This game was too easy to predict. Arenas shouldn't be on any MVP lists. He doesn't know how to win yet.

11. kaleidosky

You can call it playful arrogance cause he smiles when he says stuff. The guy is just plain cocky.

12. Sextuple Double

I like #0 and all but................................

9pts!!!!! After all I been hearing this week!!!?? ROFL!!!! LMAO!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

13. Vienna Calling

Okay, game's over... Arenas finishes with 9 points, 3-15 FG, 0-8 3's, 5 turnovers, 4 fouls. HIBACHI!

Wizards lost 94-73 - there even was a point during the fourth when they when they were down by 27 against #13 in the West.

...and BTW the Spurs are losing another one! Down by 12 vs. Miami with 40 secs to go. Yay!

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets can win their last 2 before the All-Star break, they'll likely finish ahead of the Spurs at the break since they have to play in Detroit on Wednesday.

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

The bigger issue the Wizards need to realize is they've got a massive Achilles Heel when their top scorer is also the guy that's supposed to run the offense. Shut Arenas down, shut the entire team down. They've got no semblense of a team game in Washington, and that'll ice them for the third straight postseason come April...

Evan

16. FFz

FFz Member

ohh man agent zero disappointed me today. I actually believed him when he said 50.

17. Omer

Omer Member

9 points, didn't think it would be that bad. Maybe he'll settle down a bit now.

I want to see what he says in his blog about it.

Even worse, they got rocked by the BLAZERS.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thats embarrasing...
    Im glad no one on the rockets would ever pull any crap like that...

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

*writing as though I havent seen the outcome*

I've defended Arenas in the past, but this was way outrageous a claim to make. Yes he's cocky and a bit arrogant with his statements, and he's generating some attention (or maybe motivation). But like with all talkers, like Chad Johnson in the NFL predicting wins, everyone eventually stops listening to them anyways.

Gilbert being Gilbert is fine but if it has detrimental effects to team performance he should start shifting his observations in that direction.

20. kaleidosky

I agree that it's terrible the way the offense is run. But in the East, they could catch fire at the right time, and any of these teams could falter. The Wiz aren't necessarily doomed...though in a real, balanced conference, they would be