1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arenas to the Magic???

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rockets934life, Dec 1, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Didn't see it posted...

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.co...-discuss-gilbert-arenas-trade-with-washington

2. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

interesting...

3. Francis 4 ever

As much as I like vince this could be huge for the magic.

As far as i know arenas is untouchable because of his rep and his contract. This means they could move Rashards untouchable contract without even shipping out vince. Of course vince plays the same role Areanas would so he would likely be involved in the deal. I don't see why the young wizards would want vince and his expiring. Blanche is the only "questionable" contract besides arenas but he is young and likely worth more than the expiring. Could a third team be involved? Maybe bringing back hedo if the suns decide to ship of nash.

4. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

This makes the magic a lot more dangerous. Gilberts a better shooter than vince when healthy and both are injury riddled. If lewis is packaged also for blatche than a combo of blatche and howard would be like Howard and sampson but a duo that will actually play barring health and be extremely tough. Both are bangers and play well beyond their size.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Howard cannot co-exist with another big man. Howard even with his improved post-game is not effective from anywhere past 8-10 feet. This is why Orlando was so dominant, if Howard got doubled he could kick it out, if he didn't get doubled he could dominate his man.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Seems like a terrible idea for the Magic to me. Injury risk, media distraction, payroll albatross, and probably a chemistry killer to boot for a team with legit contention hopes.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You have no reason to think Howard couldn't play with another big man. None. Plenty of championship teams have played a 4/5 combo that couldn't stretch the floor. Howard would be better alongside a legit center IMO.

8. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arenas is playing really well as of late and he was last year as well before all that other stuff happpened. It's not a bad deal for Washington because they're getting rid of Arenas' salary. I wouldn't care for Rashard's salary but Vince Carter is a big expiring contract for the Wizards.

Orlando has a high risk high reward in this trade if it were to go down. They're adding a lot of salary but if both players are healthy, you can expect Orlando to get even better IMO. Nelson is more of a risk health wise. Arenas can play either SG or PG. Blatch is a stud.

I know the Wizards want to give McGee, and Young more minutes. This would really help them in their process of rebuilding. And they can keep Hinrich at SG.

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Blatche has a good midrange game. I can't agree with you.

You have to remember Orlando has struggled big time with getting rebounds when the game is on the line. It's easy to for teams to box out howard since Lewis isn't a rebounded. Bass is very limited on what he can do. You put Blatche at the PF, you can expect it to be even harder to score in the paint against those guys. That's why Boston gives Orlando such a hard time in the paint.

10. davestrate

davestrate Member

If that report is true we need to jump on it ASAP, obtain both Blatche and Arenas, send em whoever they want and call it a day.

11. clippy

clippy Member

Right now, the Magic have no chance at winning the title. They are good, but limited against teams that can afford to single-cover Dwight (namely the Lakers & Celtics). This is because none of their perimeter guys demand much attention-- Carter (when healthy), Rashard, and Nelson are solid players, near all-star caliber, but they too can be guarded straight-up. When Arenas is healthy and on his game, he cannot. And that would be huge.

12. mosessmalone

mosessmalone Member

the sad part is that each of those 3 guys would arguably be the best player on the rockets

13. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Yep...

Arenas can be a beast. Orlando doesn't have anyone that they can truly count on when it comes to scoring. Carter was suppose to be that guy but as you can see, he's clearly past his prime. Can't have 5 really bad games and then one really good game. It doesn't work that way when you're trying to win a championship.

14. Steve_Francis_rules

Vince Carter hasn't missed more than a handful of games in a season since 2003. Gilbert recently had a two year stretch where he played only 15 total games. I wouldn't call both of them "injury riddled."

15. Steve_Francis_rules

Why does he need to play alongside a "legit center"? As far as I can tell, Howard himself is one of the few legit centers left in the league.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol why in the world would we do that? so we can build our franchise around blatche and arenas?

17. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

I agree. Howard doesn't need a legit center. He is one.

They could use a wide range PF. Someone like Kevin Love who can rebound but still has range and not collide with Howard down low.

18. HombreDeHierro

blatche is a such a soft finisher...

he never goes up strong, always tryna kevmart that hoe

1 person likes this.
  19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Orlando is trying to pick up another overpaid over injured player? You think they would have learned their lesson with Tracy McGrady.

20. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

TMac was a top 3 player back then and didn't really have much injury problems :confused: