1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you watching the NBA this season?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Lebronto, Jul 2, 2018.

?

Are you watching anything besides Rockets games?

1. Yes, Go Warriors!

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    80.8%
  1. Htown_1103

Htown_1103 Member

There's just no point. Would have been okay if he atleast chose celtics

DonKnock likes this.
  2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i've been slowly pulling away from the nba. i used to watch whatever games were on. then i just started watching the contenders play each other. can't watch the hornets play the nets.

the past few years i've just watched the rockets, but since being blatantly robbed in game 7 i decided not to buy nba league pass again (i live in NY). so if they're on national TV ill watch. however, now i feel like i may not even want to get invested anymore. i'd honestly rather spend the time i would be watching games to do something else.

so i'm basically at the point of just checking the box scores most nights and just watching some games so i dont get too into it. i'll come back when they do something to address the competitive balance. start with a 1-16 playoff format, then get rid of max contracts so teams can't afford 3 max guys, finally make the hometown contract waaaaay more than the competition can offer.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  3. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It will suck for people on east coast to watch lakers and warriors games that start at 1030pm. Im pretty sure the 930 tnt game will almost always be warriors or lakers

4. echu888

echu888 Member

Not watching the NBA this season. Probably done for life.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

Nope. There's no point in waking up 3AM just to watch Warriors crush every team..

malakas likes this.
  6. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Of course.

The thrill is ALSO in the journey, not just the destination.

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Yes because I'm still a addict and need to chase the Rocket Dragon

airflights92 likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Yes because I love the Rockets, and part of me loves that we're the long shot with not one, but two super-hyped sell-out teams to beat. If (when?) we lose, I won't even be mad at the Rockets. Just the NBA... again. But I know exactly what I'm getting into.

9. AirPower

AirPower Member

Absolutely no interest. It's the only sport that I'm aware of that you already know who's going to win before off-season free agency is over much less the season beginning. What's the point, why spend the time and get emotionally invested?

Baseball? Who the hell knows, a wild card team could win it, not team has won back to back in nearly twenty years. Football? Again, who the hell knows. Sure, The Patriots have been favorites just about every year, but they've only won it twice and not back to back.

Just don't see the point in wasting time when the outcome (barring catastrophic injuries to multiple starters on the warriors) is as close to a lock as it can be.

bballjunkie likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I had League pass for years and cancelled the subscription when GSW turned into a juggernaught. Stil lwatched some streams, but the KD situation made it worse and I ended up watching like 5-6 games last season.

Won't watch any game this yr, there's zero excitement and we know GSW will end up with another championship. Turns the regular season into an unnecessary gimmick.

B-Bob, AirPower and bballjunkie like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Makes me appreciate the 1980s and 1990s so much more than I did already. Glad I was a youngster and got to watch all that, when you had no idea who would win a title in a given year -- no idea who would win certain series in the 4th quarter of game 7 even.

But it's going to be hard to watch many games now. Maybe the fringe games would actually be more fun -- to see not the tanking teams, per se, but the teams really trying to get better and to see how they play against one another.

Mainly, I'll follow the boxscores and standings a bit. If the Warriors have had two major injuries or someone quit the team, I might watch the playoffs. It was this year, the first time since I was like five, that I didn't watch the Finals, and I could see that happening again, definitely.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Haven't really watched a non-Rockets NBA game in a while. I will continue this trend.

13. airflights92

airflights92 Member

Yeah, I'll watch. I'll watch summer league, training camp, pre-season, regular season, all star game and playoffs. I guess I'm not one to cry over spilled milk.

14. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

Nope. I'm done until the inevitable lockout arising from this is resolved. Cancelled my league pass subscription today, probably won't watch a single game.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's not crying. Some are saying it's just boredom if the eventual outcome is known. Kind of like a globetrotters' game.

Yung-T likes this.
  16. AirPower

AirPower Member

Has nothing to do with crying, it's literally disinterest, big difference.

It's just like a blow out baseball game in the first inning vs a 1 run game in the ninth... One is interesting and has my attention, one isnt.

17. sw847

sw847 Member

Why not watch it? It’s going to be incredible, I suggest we put the other west all stars on the gs team as well...it’s like watching the all star game everyday day! Yeah baby yeah!

18. AirPower

AirPower Member

I like the competition and unkown outcome, why I didn't care to watch the finals.

19. Entropy

Entropy Member

Not going to waste time watching a game whose final outcome is decided by the refs on the whim of Adam Silver.

20. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You think a team of Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Boogie Cousins wouldn’t be the favorites to win it all? They still have Iggy, Jordan Bell was solid, David West, Cook, Livingston, mccaw, swaggy p..

Gonna take more than Steph and Draymond injuries.