1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you satisfied with the offseason moves so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Are you satisfied with the Rockets offseason moves so far?

1. Very satisfied

32 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

158 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Somewhat unsatisfied

148 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Fire Murray!

25 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Marteen

Marteen Member

I'm satisfied just by the fact that there's almost nothing available. Not much Morey can do. I've accepted it.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm ecstatic about Bev's deal - wow.

Indifferent to Brewer's deal. Not my ideal backup wing.

Indifferent to Smith's end-game although I'd like to have depth at the 4 going into the year.

Optimistic about KJ.

Optimistic about Terry.

Papa - expected to retain him, no biggie there, optimistic about dealing his contract later.

Disappointed with Lull.

Indifferent to the whiffs and lack of major additions (plenty of time left folks, get real already).

Not a fan of Dekker but I never expect much out of a post-lottery pick.

Pessimistic about our outlook on the MLE -- I expected to ADD something with that (Lull) not retain players with it.

All-in-all I'm content. I thought we overachieved last year so I feel like we need more but there's plenty of time to go. Right now we're clearly behind OKC, GSW, SA and CLE. Those teams are on another planet right now.

3. pippsux

pippsux Member

Somewhat satisfied.
    But we have to bring back Smoove and trade for a point guard. Bev is not it......what happens when he goes down injured again???

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Definitely unsatisfied

Morey has done nothing to strengthen a team which got beaten hands down easily by GSW.

And next season you add in a revamped SAS, an upgraded Memphis, an injury free OKC and an injury free Cleveland and our roster is nowhere near Championship ready.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Happy we are bringing our guys back but anxious about adding a Pf. We really need one but damn we have months before the season starts, it's hard for me to believe more y would just ignore harden and what he wants

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I Thomas and Jamal Crawford lol we would be so damn deep

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Pretty much exactly what I expected.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Losing Bev and Dmo did throw a wrench into this offseason.

9. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Re-signing Brewer and Beverley to reasonable contracts was good. But if the team went into the season as-is, even with healthy players, I think we'd take a pretty big step back, considering what some of the other teams have done. I can't imagine we'd make the WCF again. The window is open now, with H&H healthy. I hope the team tries to take advantage of it by rolling the dice a little with a trade. If the offseason ended now, I'd be a little disappointed.

10. Mattician

Mattician Member

Glad to have Beverley and Brewer back. No additions to the team yet, though. Still hoping for a PG.

Too early to say this off-season has been a disappointment in my eyes.

11. tdo

tdo Member

Funny how you forgot to mention an injury free Rockets team lol

It doesn't matter what we think. Last year everyone was pissed, and look what happened.

Last season everyone wanted continuity and chemistry to develop. We are trying that this off-season, and now everybody is disappointed.

I'll tell you what, I am really excited for this team next year. We will be better, and finally get a chance to witness a team with some chemistry play together. This is it. This is what we have been waiting for. A team good enough to let develop together, and see what happens. We will make more moves, but for the most part we are just trying to gain some continuity. This is what Morey said before the off-season began, and personally I'm excited about it.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I voted "somewhat unsatisfied", but a better description would be "eh...what can ya do?"

It's not working out how I hoped, I'm more bothered by the Llull thing than Aldridge, but aside from exerting mind-control powers over his targets I don't see what more DM could have done. Keeping Bev and Brewer at relatively fair prices is fine, it just doesn't do much to keep up with the Western conference arms race.

There's something to be said for keeping a great team together and hoping for better health - but PG position still needs help and the 4 spot is (as always) a confusing mess with tons of potential.

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I put somewhat satisfied (the two re-signings, more for the dollars than for the players). I never thought LMA was coming here (he was always going to SAN). The Llull news was a big disappointment since PG is such a problem on this team, and anyone expecting at to play the entire season is being unrealistic.

Even if Smoove signs elsewhere I think we are OK at PF (Dmo, Smith, rookie). But we have to address the PG position and hopefully with a starter (and a second backup).

14. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

As it stands now, this is our lineup:
    Bev/Johnson/Prigioni
    Harden
    Ariza/Brewer/KPap
    DMO/Jones
    Dwight/Capela/Big Daddy D Dorsey

Brewer is interchangeable at the 2 and I'm not going to count Dekker or Harrell based on our history of developing our rookies in the d league.

There is still so much in play, but I would be extremely satisfied if these scenarios played out:

Sign Smoove, retain Terry and trade Jones for a serviceable backup point

Terry and Smoove was one of the surprise contributing tandems in all of the NBA last year (both on the court for "the run" against the Clippers). Both obviously have mileage which worries me, and I expecially would not trust Terry being so reliable after another year (hence why I want another backup point). I'm not sure where this backup point guard may be (he may even be on the roster Mr. Johnson) but Terrence Jones has to command some sort of trade value (even though I and everyone else over value him).

Trade for Mario Chalmers

I feel as if he has a stigma for not being a player because he was a Lebron groupie for so long, but I would be completely fine with a Beverley Chalmers combo. He has good enough size (and wing defenders around him) to not break the bank defensively and an expiring deal. His biggest asset in my opinion is how well he plays off the ball. Playing with Lebron for so many years meant he has played off the ball his entire career, and I think he and Harden would be money.

I don't think we should go after McDaniels seeing that we have 2 of his evolved forms (Brewer and Ariza) locked down for the nest 2 years atleast. And for those who say we need more creators, I think you are forgetting that running the offense through DMO was something we went to late in game last year.

15. Tyler Hyellie

Tyler Hyellie Member

I love it when people say stuff like this.

:lol

16. Sanity2disChaos

We need a playmaker from the guard position and J.Smith back...until then ..ITS OK :/

17. Sanity2disChaos

We are not Finals contenders at this point but we will see...

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Glad we've resigned Bev and Brew, plus did alright in the draft (Dekker - but I'm just judging that by Youtube clips).

A year ago we classed the off season as a disaster (missing out on Bosh, losing Parsons etc) although recovered brilliantly once the season got started with additions of the likes of Smith and Brewer.

Whilst this off season I was never expecting a Love or LMA (although that would've been great), I'm somewhat underwhelmed, maybe in part based on last years poor off season signings.

No word on Smith is a concern. Do we want to re-sign him? If so, what's the hold up? Is it due to KJ? (Would be disappointed if our off-season is held up by a 2nd year player).
    Still no point guard (which I think everyone agrees is or should be a priority).

Sure in Morey we trust, but whilst others have made moves, we've stood relatively still without yet cementing what made us what we were last season.

19. abaker28

abaker28 Member

And YES I realize we finished 2nd in the west, went to the WCF all with (I think) the 3 most lost games through injuries.
    But we didn't win and we haven't moved on improving the team where needed.

20. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Good off season so far with the Beverly and Brewer secured. Dekker was a nice pick during the draft and Harrell could help them in years to come. Adding Thornton's scoring for the vet minimum was a sweet pickup. Hopefully Capela has been in the weight room and Capela, Howard, DMO and Jones are all shooting a thousand free throws a day LOL.

The team still needs to sign Smooth (also needs to work on his free throws) and they are still missing a legit starting NBA PG who can control the basketball for a few quarters a game and make everyone else around them better.

Add decent free throw and defensive coach to the staff.

Familiarity is the new normal.