1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you satisfied with the offseason moves so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Are you satisfied with the Rockets offseason moves so far?

1. Very satisfied

32 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

158 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Somewhat unsatisfied

148 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Fire Murray!

25 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

tough to judge right now, will wait and see but certainly adding DMo, Bev and Dekker to the team that lost the conference finals is a good start while only potentially losing two 50 year olds, KMac and JSmoove..... (although could still retain them all)

they are still too reliant on beard from the perimeter

golden state last offseason added Livingston and Barbosa and new coach.... internally growth is the possible ex-factor..... will this come from new team strategies or individuals making the leap

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

A thread like this is probably good for troll bait only. It's too early. So far? A little unsatisfied. But what might happen July 9th that wasn't leaked yet, etc etc?

I do hope Morey isn't throwing away another season waiting for Durant to f*** us, in the meantime hoping to pick up castoffs in the bargain bin.

Edit. To be fair, I kinda trolled myself. But I'm being, shall we say, impatiently patient. All good things etc etc.

#62 ROXTXIA, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Well they haven't done anything yet. I'm sure Morey will make some trades. He always does.

4. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Nope not satisfied. Major issue has yet to be addressed.

5. JD88

JD88 Member

I answered with 'very satisfied' and here's why...

Re-signing Beverley, to me, was priority #1. I knew his contract would be cheap. Next season when the cap goes up, he will be costing us about 6% of our salary cap. That's pretty f****** sweet.

The most important thing, minus that, was keeping the team together. We made the WCF missing Beverley and DMo.

I understand our team is super young, even after Ariza and Smith, we are still in the bottom third in average age. Keeping the team together, and allowing them to grow, is what the Spurs and Warriors have in common, a team who has played together the last several years.

I would have liked to pick up DJ Augustin to come off the bench and run the second unit, or at times, play with Harden, but I definitely see the value in Beverley in the WC, especially against CP3, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Conley, etc...

6. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Not even close to being satisfied.
    Need PG upgraded asap

7. Garner

Garner Member

Are you people unsatisfied because we didn't land big fish Mo Williams?

We resigned two of most loyal players to incredibly affordable deals and you're unsatisfied because we don't have our backup pg figured out?

Stop being so needy.

8. Garner

Garner Member

Oh, and not to mention this free agency comes after a WCF appearance and the dumpster fire of last offseason.

9. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

I voted somewhat unsatisfied. I'm happy with the Bev deal because of the cost and the Brewer deal because of how important he is to the team.

I am however, unsatisfied with the PG situation given Bevs injury history and the uncertainty of Smith.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Not very satisfied, but that could change quickly with the acquisition of a starting caliber pg/playmaker.

The gapping hole at the 1 has been somewhat covered by extending Bev, but given his injury history, we are still in a precarious situation. I would hope Morey could acquire someone to fill that position before the beginning of the season. Waiting for the all star break has not been productive for us.

11. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

somewhat unsatisfied. Forget that we MAY NEED help at the PG spot. Forget that we MAY NEED help at the PF spot. Forget that we MAY NEED another playmaker. Harden asks for help at the guard position, we havent done that. yet.

12. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

hell no im not impressed with this offseason so far...i like that we resigned brewer and beverley, but I expect more....upgrade PG for damn sakes. Seeing everyone get better other than us is pissing me off..

13. hmittal

hmittal Member

I love the moves so far Beverly and Brewer are high value players, we are not overspending on 2nd tier players. I am sure if and when a PG becomes available, Morey will get involved with those talks. This is probably the reason we are not resigning Josh Smith yet.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am really not sure what that dude is trying to do....

Morley has no real pressure, Les likes him, he got his fanbase, too much job security for my taste

Somebody light a small fire under his ......

15. edward nigma

edward nigma Member

My frustration stems from the fact, that we haven't seen any movement beyond the resigning of 2 of our own free agents. I understand the opportunity to bring on LaMarcus was something that we could not pass up, but I am still dissatisfied with where we are at this point. We could have acquired Marco Belinelli or Mike Dunleavy as a shooter off the bench and it would ease the pain I am feeling up until this point. We could have brought in a point guard to compete with Patrick Beverly and strengthen an area of need. It seems like for all the greatness Morey possesses in the transaction world of the NBA he has one major fault. He consistently puts all of his eggs in one basket. He is so assure of himself that he never questions himself (I hope that makes sense). I am pretty sure he felt Llull was coming over and that would solve the PG position. So in his mind, he didn't have to worry about PG depth. He moved on to the next step of his plan. When Llull decided not to come it threw everything out of whack.

Some people can become so focused on what their doing they forget about the little things (like what if he doesn't come over). Chess is a complicated game and he plays it well, but sometimes it helps to just make the easy move in front of you like in checkers.

We can't depend on Beverly to be healthy again for the full season, so we needed immediate help in this area. Along with a consistent outside shooting threat, which we currently don't have. If these areas would have been addressed then I would have felt better than I currently do.

Also, people will point to the trade deadline and say we still have time to upgrade the point. This is not a guarantee. There are pieces he is willing to give up and pieces he won't give up because he plays chess. We are discussing this offseason and he is thinking about next offseason (Durant). So if a very good point guard is on the block at the deadline and they are willing to trade with us but they require Ariza he won't do it. The reason he won't do it, is because it affects future flexibility.

Sometimes it helps to just make the easy move in front of you like in checkers.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Somewhat unsatisfied.

Like: Bringing back Beverley and Brewer.

Dislike: The draft. A college SF whose game now does not translate to The NBA. A PF who likely never be a stretch PF. Dekker may eventually develop into a NBA rotation player, but not next year. Thus, the Rockets added two players who will take up roster spots but not contribute next year.

Incomplete: The Rockets have a bunch of spare parts which will likely not contribute much next year in a championship run. They also are in search of that elusive play maker. Bringing back Smith will help. Giving KPap rotation minutes will help. But neither can be primary ball handlers. A starter quality play making PG is what is needed. Hopefully Morey can trade the spare parts for one.

17. MONON

MONON Member

To me the scary part of the Spurs is that they only have 6 of the 1st 10 players back from last year & 4 of them are covered by the same insurance that I have...Medicare! :) Yes, they added LMA. However Duncan's only playing 30 mpg max & no b2b's and Manu not much more. The Spurs success has been their "system". When a system player leaves, they get someone else & teach him the "system". Now they only have 7 "system" players. They have to indoctrinate 8 other players, not just 1 or 2.

I also find it amusing that when the Spurs were keeping/bringing back their core players, they were being smart. However, this off season, we have concentrated on bringing back our WCF team healthy. However, instead of being smart; "We have stood pat"! :rolleyes:

I voted "somewhat satisfied". The contracts for Bev & Brewer are bargains. We need another ball handler, but that can be by trade. Smith needs to be resigned.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not terribly satisfied. We made the WCF, but obviously didn't have the firepower to match Golden State. Meanwhile the Spurs just got a whole lot better too. To come back with the same team to try again isn't enough. Sure, maybe Beverley and Motie will be healthy in the playoffs next time, but then again maybe Howard will be injured. Betting on health isn't sufficient. The rookies don't do squat for us except what they can fetch in trade. Obviously, there's runway left. But, I'm not satisfied yet.

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

We are ok right now since we got our guys back, Morey is going to make a good move by Feb to improve the team. Is Smith going to be back?

20. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

We still need shooters and Morey continues to stand pat when guys like Wright and Mills are on the market. Still no play-maker besides Harden which means he'll log a lot of minutes w/ no back-up.