1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are you satisfied with the offseason moves so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Are you satisfied with the Rockets offseason moves so far?

1. Very satisfied

32 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

158 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Somewhat unsatisfied

148 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Fire Murray!

25 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Did we even make a move besides lol

2. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

If that's not crafting a narrative to fit your complaints, I don't know what is.

Dekker is an undersized PF? Very glad you're on this board rather than the scouting department.

Harrell isn't undersized either with his length (7'5" wingspan) and strength, but at that spot in the second round, there's nobody ready to contribute. You always take BPA and develop them.

Grant and Tyus aren't ready to contribute, and it's doubtful they'd give us much more than what we have this year. More importantly, we have assets to go get a better PG, and you can be damn sure we'll be pursuing that first and foremost.

Mo Williams CHOSE Cleveland. He wanted to play with Lebron and for the Cavs. We weren't getting him. You can't just have anyone you want because you ask them to join. On top of that, Mo's decent, but he's probably not worth more than the minimum. An aging, inefficient volume-scoring point guard isn't exactly the most valuable guy in the world. I haven't seen any guys in free agency that we could've gotten for the MLE that would have been a smart move to give up Smith (and KJ) for.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

standing pat as an aging and overall healthy team is one thing. You expect a decline in health luck and a decline in the aging talent.

The rockets are young at a lot of rotation spots and werent healthy at all during the season. You can expect improving health and SOME talent improvement.

Teams needed to improve their squads to catch up with a healthy Rockets team from last year.

4. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I am satisfied by bringing Brewer back. However, we cannot compete until we bring Josh Smith back and acquire a legit point guard. Until then the Spurs and Warriors will beat us.

Smith is very underrated with his defense and playmaking, especially with Dwight. Without him we would not have been in the WCF. I have also come to believe that Ty Lawson would be an excellent fit and is attainable. When we need additional defense we can use Bev, but when the offense staggers we need another player who can create opportunities to score and Lawson is very capable of both with his playmaking and ability to drive.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

we need to stay talent-competitive- the Spurs are re-loading:mad:

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Trades hopefully will come and I hope before the season. A new Pf will need time to gel

7. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

like others have stated, not too satisfied yet but that could change if we were to trade for a starting caliber PG. Bev is not a starting PG by any means, even his strength which was his defense seemed to decline maybe due to injury or maybe it was something else also he's a spotty shooter and a mediocre finisher, his playmaking ability also leaves a lot to be desired. I understand we signed him to a bargain but so far this team is very thin at the guard position and stacked at the forward position. Maybe Morey doesn't value the PG position as much as we fans seem to or maybe he has something planned to give Harden some help, we CAN NOT afford to run Harden to the ground, he basically willed his team to top of the conference by himself in the beginning of the season playing ridiculous mins. and we have been extremely fortunate he has not suffered any major injuries yet *Knock on wood* I'm pretty sure Morey understands the enormous workload Harden has to deal with and gets his star some much needed help.

8. 90dmswo

90dmswo Member

We still need a PG! a starting PG who can handle the ball from inboun and create an offense! Still, #InMoreyWeTrust

9. PointZero

PointZero Member

Need Josh Smith. Perfect fit with Dwight.

10. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Was satisfied, but I don't see any movement to upgrade at point guard.

I see other teams in our division getting stronger, but we are staying stagnant.

11. ZomgZ

ZomgZ Member

12. gogispade

gogispade Member

What moves?

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'm somewhat happy with the moves so far. Bev and Brew were my top two FA's i wanted to return. It'd be great to get Terry and Smoove back too, but given limited resources, the front office did the right thing locking up Bev and Brew first.

But i think we need a 4 that can consistently knock down shots from long-range. I think we need a couple more shooters in the back court. And i think we need legit starting point guard.

I don't expect that we'll be able to address all of these needs this off-season, but a point guard and a shooter would go a long way towards solidifying our place as 3rd best in the West heading into the season.

14. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Morey just securing assets for the midseason trade deadline.

15. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Overall, I feel neither satisfied nor dissatisfied.

Glad Beverley and Brewer are back, but I wouldn't have been upset if we had traded them or let them go (assuming we had an upgrade in mind).

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I really hope they bring Smith back before someone else does. People here think he's easily replaceable but he has such good chemistry with Brewer, Dmo, Ariza, Harden and Dwight.

I think that kind of chemistry is hard to replace... especially since we're trying for chip, why would you want to bring in someone new to try to spend another year building chemistry.

17. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Has there been any indication of changes in the coaching staff?

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I think we are doing fine.

People lost their mind this time last year but Morey never hit the panic button and as a result we were able to put ourselves in position to bring on very helpful free agents.

I expect this to be the case this year. Let the stocks of some of our players rise (or fall), position yourself to make bargain trades and execute when the opportunity arises.

This is the roster that made it to the WCF and 2nd seed whiles being one of the most injury riddled rosters in the league. It doesn't matter if we improve our team, if we lose 2 starters in the playoffs it makes no difference. In fact it makes us worse because we likely traded away depth in order to acquire a better player.

We resigned players from last year at bargain contracts. I'm hoping we can pick up Smoove for cheap too.

19. Patricker

Patricker Rookie

Morey is being lazy and a ******.

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Happy that we brought back Bev & Brew at good prices. Still want to see an upgrade at PG, and if we're not going to re-sign Smith, maybe a backup center for Dwight. So, somewhat unsatisfied if this is the end of things. I'll be very satisfied if we grab a guy like Ty Lawson.