1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you satisfied with the offseason moves so far?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 6, 2015.

?

Are you satisfied with the Rockets offseason moves so far?

1. Very satisfied

32 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

158 vote(s)
    43.5%
  3. Somewhat unsatisfied

148 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. Fire Murray!

25 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Only two things I question thus far:

1. With Booker and Payne falling down the board, I would have loved a trade up to grab one.
    2. G market has been crazy, but not even being involved on Williams is odd. We could have done a S&T if need be for KJ & Smoove.

Draft got 2 solid prospects with role player potential and Bev & Brewer contracts are very good to great, depending on structure. Just want to make sure we use the Papa and Prig assets to make a meaningful acquisition. And I would love to bring back Smoove and KJ, but the priority should be winning now, not acquiring assets or play for Durant flexibility.

2. dmoneybangbang

More worried about how good the Spurs just got. David West on vet's min is crazy.

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I would have liked to have seen us go after Lou Williams in a S&T, considering he only got $7MM/yr from LA, but I'm not upset about it.

I will be upset if we haven't acquired a significant piece (preferably at PG) by opening night.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hard to be happy when the Spurs upgraded big-time. They are now scary good.

We have stood pat.

5. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

I am satisfied that we resigned our 2 most important FA. I wish the Spurs didn't get so much better though. With all if their signings including West for the vet minimum, they have to be the WC favorites along with GS.

We need another major move either this summer or at the trade deadline to move us into the top 2 teams in the West.

6. Put You On Game

we still need another playmaker in the backcourt

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not very satisfied so far. I assume Morey isn't finished, so "not very satisfied" could turn into satisfied if he gets a point guard who could step in and start if Beverley suffers from the "i" word, which has been an end of season, going into the playoffs problem for the past two seasons. I think it's a serious problem. Like many, I was hoping Llull was coming over and that Bev would end up being the first guard off the bench, but that didn't happen. I view Bev as a perfect "6th man/2nd on the depth chart at the one" kind of guy. I'm still hoping that it's the role he eventually has on this team. We'll see. I think Harden needs a genuine point guard to play with. A guy with a good handle, who can create for others, create at least a little for himself, hit a 3 at a decent clip, hit his free throws, and doesn't turnover the ball.

I'm not asking for much. ;-)-

8. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I agree with everything in this post.....I would be really disappointed as well if we didn't acquire a pg good enough to move Bev to the bench by the start of the season. Thanks for the input....

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Pretty disappointing offseason thus far:

1. Drafted two undersized PF's despite Tyus Jones and Jerian Grant being on the board
    2. Failed to pursue a PG in free agency like a Mo Williams that could have benefited depth

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Silly thread. Moratorium is not even over and we are assuming that the moves are in stone. Morey got Artest after summer league, if you recall. Offseason has a long time left. I expect Morey to be active in pursuing some bench scoring. We have no idea what will happen with Smoove - what if we turn that into a sign and trade? Scola has been rumored to join us and he's still a free agent. I also don't expect K Papa, Jones, etc... To be on the team at trade deadline. There's a long time until rosters are locked for the 2016 playoffs. Be patient.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm somewhat satisfied, but I'll blow a gasket like last year when we didn't get a Guard during deadline.

I'm kinda optimistic chemistry will improve plays and shots but I think we need another fire starter in the locker room. Preferably one who can shoot good fg and ft, but isn't over the hill or some weird outlet store mismatch (like a 6'6 dude who plays center, can d it up but can't do well in other positions...)

12. linkz1993

linkz1993 Member

We're losing all the point guards that are available ...

13. #Pursuit

#Pursuit Member

Somewhat satisfied. I like the contracts we got for bev and brew, and think Morey will still make a few moves, perhaps in the form of trades. Heard about Bledsoe being up on the trade market and would like to see how that plays out if the Rockets decide to get in on that.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Can't lose what you never had

15. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Or what was never available to you....

16. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Its Smoove jets...and JET jets...and we don't find another point guard somewhere...then this team will not be as good as last year and, yes, this summer was below average to bad.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Somewhat satisfied. Bringing back Brewer was essential IMO. Bev a little less so, but I'm glad he's here at a reasonable price(at least by this offseason's standards).

We still need to lock down Smith and Terry. I honestly don't give a rat's ass about McDaniels since he'll never get any minutes, but if he doesn't cost too much, I guess Morey should resign him. Then we need a PG because we cannot go into next season with a rotation of Bev and Terry. Even last year, we had Canaan in addition to those two.

So I suppose we're about 40% of the way there.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I Thomas wears a headband...just sayin

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm glad we didn't lose out on Bev and Brewer by waiting for Aldridge (like I was afraid we would), I'm pissed Llull didn't come over though, although I recognize that that's out of the FO's control.

That said, I'm going to be pissed if we don't add another point guard to the team who's under 35. The Spurs got better, the Warriors are still good, and Howard is getting another year older. Even if it hampers our flexibility next offseason, I'd like to see us go all in for once. I'd rather have a better shot at a ring the next two seasons, then just make the second round or the WCF for the entirety of the Harden/Howard era.

20. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

What are your thoughts on playing Dekker opposed to McDaniels? Do we let someone who has that NBA experience but we know his contribution level in McDaniels or do we give those minutes to a nice talent like Dekker and hope he develops quickly?