1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Are you rooting for the Spurs?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by htwnbandit, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

There's no team I hate more than the Miami Heat, mainly because I live in Miami & the fans here are the worst. Not to mention Dwyane Wade is a gigantic douchebag.

Hard to cheer against Duncan, Kawhi & Popovich, especially when we sweeped them.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

I don't want either to win. Hopefully something happens and they are unable to complete the series and call a stalemate.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is crystal clear that for me that there can be only one in Texas between Mavs, Spurs and Rocks.

Does not matter who has had the most success in the recent decade.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If it does take two titles to finally direct Duncan and Gino to the grave then so be it!

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The rockets have really never had any kind of rivalry with the spurs. I have never felt hatred towards then like the jazz, lakers or mavericks. I'm not sure why any rocket fan would

I don't really enjoy watching miami play but I think the spurs might be the most fun team to watch, I'll def be rooting for them

1 person likes this.
  6. TheresTheDagger

I respect Pop, Duncan and the way the Spurs play. And I desperately don't want to see Lebron 3 peat. So...yes, I hope the Spurs win.

7. chandlerbang21

Fixed. Lebron best NBA player not best on planet lol u guys worship men to much

8. y2Joem

y2Joem Member

'you hate what you don't understand/comprehend'

yes i am supporting the Spurs, the epitome for team work

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Yeah Tony Parker true pro to **** Barry's wife. What a guy.

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I'm pulling for the heat... Don't really hate the spurs, just like the Heat (Lebron) more

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Heat win so our Rockets can deny 4 in a row next year.

12. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

The thing is...not all Rockets fans live in Texas...or even the United States so I could care less about the geographical rivalry. I'm from Canada and I currently live in Japan but I've been a Rockets fan since Francis joined the team(Yea, I was a little late to the party and missed the prime Hakeem days). Got 2 Rockets jerseys and I've purchased league pass to watch the Rockets the last few years.

But who knows...to the hardcore fanatic fans, maybe us outsiders aren't considered real fans.

I root for the Spurs not because I particularly like their players, coach, or organization. I like their style of play and I want it to succeed.

13. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You think 2 teams that have played in the same division for over 30 years, matchup 4 times every season, and have faced each other in the playoffs compares to 2 teams who've never played in the same conference, play each other once every 4 years with zero playoff matchups? :confused:

This I can more understand... guys who haven't lived in Houston or Texas cheering for SA. Still shouldn't cheer for the Spurs IMO, but somewhat more understandable.

14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nobody said it's anti-Rockets if you enjoy the Spurs style and/or respect their players. I like how they play.
    But cheering for them? :confused:

Enjoy SA and their fans ballin all over Houston... and Duncan ballin all over Hakeem... smh.

15. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Hell to the yeah. I want to see the grandpas win. Also, I'd HATE to see a Heat threepeat.

16. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am not from Houston, So I couldn't care less about regional rivalry. I hate the Lakers (really dislike the Clippers, Knicks, nets, Mavs and Jazz). I dislike a team based on previous experiences against the Rockets (Jazz, Mavs), or because I dislike theteam in general.

I have no problem with the spurs at all. I respect the Spurs, their offense is work of art. I love a team that plays a system to perfection. I hope they win the championship.

So yes I am rooting for the Spurs.

17. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

You don't make rivalries from regular season games and Houston hasn't played San Antonio in the playoffs in 20 years, and on top of it, we thrashed them. Utah's humiliated us. So has Dallas. The Lakers are the Lakers. What has San Antonio by contrast ever done to us?

1 person likes this.
  18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

I just hope the games are tight & competitive.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I am rooting for 7 tightly contested games.

I like Duncan so for that reason I'd be ok with the Spurs winning (and then Duncan & Pop retiring).

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, and we play most of other Western Conference teams 4 times a year too. Division means nothing except for the odd chance of a sucky division where the best team is worse than the 4th seed.