1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Are you kidding me?] Beasly believes anything short of MVP is failure

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mrm32, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Matt_Maloney

Matt_Maloney Rookie

this is ridiculous, he's an NBA rookie/sophomore in college, he shouldn't even care about the MVP at this point this early in his career, he needs to focus on helping his team get better not himself

i would not like to have this kid on my team doesnt sound like a great team player, never the less, i do believe the heat will be better but only as good as this 08-09 squad can be as a TEAM not one player

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He sounds brash and undisciplined. I wonder if the practices run in Miami are still going to be Riley-style or not. That would be a good test for how well he'll hold up mentally and physically in the NBA.

3. zerhoe

zerhoe Member

sure there's nothing with setting your goals high, as long as you back it up with work ethic, consistency and dedication...no matter failure or success.

what would be arrogant is if he says these things, practices little, and then expects to be the go to guy just because he's confident of himself.

4. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

but the goal cannot be too high to have zero chance to reach.

It would be good to hear tmac/yao/artest.. say we will 60 even 65 games this season, but It will piss every1, including the Rockets fans if they say they will win 80 games. What Beasly said is even more crazy!

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Before Clarrett's meltdown there wasn't. Today...a whole other story.