1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Are you kidding me?] Beasly believes anything short of MVP is failure

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mrm32, Oct 2, 2008.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I agree. If he is sincere about it, he may have some trouble fitting the team concept.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

First and foremost, people need to quit calling 19 year olds, kids. They may be young, but they are not kids. They are adults who are responsible for their actions and should be expected to conduct themselves as such. Sure people make mistakes, but people need to quit making excuses for these guys and saying "oh he's just a kid".

Beasley is walking the fine line between Lebron James and Maurice Clarrett.

3. Yak

Yak Member

Is there really a problem with setting high standards for yourself?

There is no problem with a player predicting greatness for himself or his team.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

The problem I have with this is he's putting his own personal goals ahead of the teams which I'm sure Riley will set him straight.

5. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Beasley sucks.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly. If he said, "I want to be an MVP caliber player some day and lead the team to a championship." That would have been a healthy "high goal."

But no, he said that he wanted to be the MVP THIS YEAR. He said nothing about helping his team. Not to mention he has an incumbent MVP caliber guy on his team who he should show some respect to. When he claims he can win the MVP, he is essentially saying that he is the best player on the team.

7. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I wasn't aware there was a FINE line between Lebron and Maurice Clarrett.

8. Egghead

Egghead Member

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

He needs to play a freaking NBA game first before he thinks about being a MVP. It's good to be confident but come on, MVP his first season isn't going to happen.

I remember when Jerry Stackhouse said he was going to be the next MJ, and well, we all know how he turned out.

10. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

humility is overrated isn't it? :D

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Honest to God (Dwight Howard would be proud of that)...It just so happened YESTERDAY was the first time I ever watched Spongebob Squarepants. Randomly stumbled upon it, never saw it before. I'll say....a good favorable first impression. I can give it some additional looks :)

Just saying jokingly how the media tends to overeact to the young up-and-coming "slacking" generation, and they always put a face to it. And predicting a #2 draft pick watching Nick Toons as a candidate, making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be.

12. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

OK, that's positive attitude, I respect that. But he has yet to play his first NBA game.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Before something can become possible, you gotta beleive it yourself. If you don't beleive it can happen ...it won't.

That said, it won't. :p

14. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

I am really starting to have a man-crush on Beasley, dude is just likable in so many ways. He is pure, he is pure man!

15. Michael Phelps

Noah or some other rookie last year said that they were going to win MVP, well, obviously that didn't happen. If I can recall, the player didn't really do that well in the season either.

16. Michael Phelps

I think it might have been Durant.. lmao.. he turned out to be a chucker his first year.

17. lastmanstanding

Prepare for failure.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

These days all these kids seem to learn to say these kind of things like I want to win in whatever competition, I want to be the MVP.

But the thing is not you just say it to impress people. I doubt they understand what it means. It takes a lot of hard work and mental toughness and yet most of these kids after saying the right thing just fool around.

19. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

kids these days should learn to be humble.... like Clyde and Hakeem, for example...

20. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

B-Easy just dominated against Detroit.