1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you happy with this off season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JD88, Jul 31, 2014.

Tags:
?

Are you happy at the end of the 2014 off season?

1. Very happy, the future is bright

14 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. Somewhat happy, we have options

36 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. Waiting to see, I'll overreact at a later date

50 vote(s)
    23.8%
  4. Not happy, could have been better

58 vote(s)
    27.6%
  5. Not happy at all, we blew it

52 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. JD88

JD88 Member

Simple question.

Barring a miraculous Bledsoe steal, the off season is essentially over. Rockets lost guys, brought guys in, lost picks, gained picks, and have some options as to where we are going to go from here.

So...?

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Obviously not, but the real story of the offseason won't be written until we use our MLE, BAE, Lin TPE and NOP pick.

The Rockets have chosen the less traveled path....being patient. It's tough, and we hate it as fans, but it's been the right decision post-Bosh.

Hopefully we see something before the season starts. If no major additions are made at any point in the year, it was a complete failure.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Offseason ain't over yet. The Rockets don't have a game to play tomorrow.

4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lin is gone..... Lin gone automatically makes the Rockets better.... At least +4 in the win column with him gone...

5. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nope. The expectations ruined it for me.

However, objectively looking at it, it wasn't terrible. Got tougher, better perimeter defense, and probably more balanced. The lack of depth is concerning though, and considering all the additions and subtractions, I don't think we moved the needle much, while other teams in the West did. It sounds like declining Parsons option was a wink-wink deal all along, but that was still a horrible misstep that really cost us.

It could have been worse, but could have been so much better.

7. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

Loosing Lin was a smart financial decision but if we don't use that cap space, we lost talent. Unless Parsons blows up next season, I prefer Ariza. Jones is really under valued here. I think he played great this season and will improve significantly next season. The pick for Asik is great considering how we played with him on the floor.

It's a wash.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Loved it. We are an underlooked team again. No longer over rated. Got rid of chemistry issues and all we need now is one of two more moves and maybe a new coach.

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

10. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

If we get that PG or stretch 4, it's a success to me.

Gaining Ariza over Parsons is a solid move all things considered.

We need to flesh out the bench, a vet or two (sorry Garcia, i mean a good vet) to fit with our shooters, maybe someone who can create in a 6th man role

What could have been? A++, how it is? wait and see

11. King901

King901 Member

Oh crap, the season starts tomorrow?

12. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

OP should apply the 3rd option to the creation of this thread.

13. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We are about where we were last season.... a couple of decent contributors away.

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Obviously not a great offseason but now that the shock is dying down, I'm just excited for the season to start so I can get that good feeling again.

15. NotChandlerParsons

I'm really, really unhappy at how it went down (turning down Parsons option, Bosh pulling out etc etc). But I don't think we got appreciably worse or better.

16. baubo

baubo Member

The offseason's over in August?

I guess the offseason of 2012 must've sucked. But that in-season acquisition of that Harden guy was nice though.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One of the best off seasons

Cherry on top would be firing of the pathetic McHale - possibly the worst coach in the NBA

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Why didn't you just post in another thread that you don't personally think any significant additions will be made before the season?

It's a minority opinion, and the whole thread is based on that idea. Seems odd anyone would think that.

19. JD88

JD88 Member

I'd love for us to steal someone before game 1. If that happens, then this poll is invalid as is every opinion anyone on this board has had because ultimately, that would change things yes?

As it stands now, it looks like the team we have now will be the team we start game 1 with.

20. basketballholic

We got 2 more months. It's just beginning. I thought I was gonna die when we lost Parsons but I'm already over it.

I'm pretty sure we've got a 1-4 upgrade coming.