1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are You a Rockets Season Ticket Holder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pugsly8422, Aug 15, 2008.

?

Are You a Rockets Season Ticket Holder?

1. Yes, this will be my 1st year

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Yes, 1-5 years

27 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Yes, 6-10 years

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. Yes, 11+ years

8 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. No, it’s just too expensive

66 vote(s)
    34.6%
  6. No, I live too far away

64 vote(s)
    33.5%
  7. No, I prefer to watch from home

12 vote(s)
    6.3%
  8. No, I don’t need season tickets, I work for the Rockets or get free tickets

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I split season tickets with one other guy, so I go to about 20 games a year.

It's expensive but so worth it...NBA games are so much fun live

2. sook

sook Rookie

too damn expensive i called or my mom did and i think they said around $5000!

3. theREALDEALkid

I would if i lived in Houston, but im over here in Boston, only time i see the rockets is when they play the celtics

4. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Split tickets with a guy, he's a ticket broker, who gives me first choice of the tickets I want, usually make it to about 6-8 games not including the playoffs.

Wish me and the wife could go to more of course but the drive from Dallas is not a short one.

5. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Hope, you don't mind me asking, (if you do, then you don't have to reply) but what is the general location of your seats and how much did they cost? I am strongly considering getting season tickets, but I'm not sure of the cost relative to seat position and if it is worth it.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

iive paid, im ready to go.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm going on my third year. The first year I got them was the 06-07 season where they gave out the free road trip to Miami. That was one of the best experience as a Rockets fan.

This year I'll be in section 421 Row 10 with a friend of mine, lurker, kam, and rodrick_98. Paid 572 for those seats. Its a good investment as long as u have someone else to get season tickets with you. Its going to be rocking up there :)

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

When I was living in the Metroplex, I would buy tickets every time I came home. Once I moved back to Houston, I bought mini plans and extra tickets. This year? I'll either be working for the Rockets or the proud owner of a couple of mini plans. And even if I am working for 'em, a one-semester means I'll have need of a mini plan or two.

I go to Rockets games. As many as possible. Despite being a bigger Astros fan, I go to many more Rockets games each season. I wonder why that is.

9. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Not at all, I'm happy to answer any questions. My seats are in the upper bowl, one section over from behind the backboard. The total cost for 2 seats was $396. 2 seats*$9 per seat*22 games. I think these seats are well worth it, especially if you're not in the section directly behind the backboard, and as far out as you can go. If I was one seat lower I'd be paying $15 (I think that's what it is, I could be wrong though) per seat. IMO these are the best value in the Toyota Center, of course if you can afford better seats it's great. Looking at cost to seat position, the $9 seats are as good as you can go. The main reason you go is to support your team, and you can do that no matter where you sit. The downfalls I have to the upper bowl seats, especially these, is that the stairs/seats are very steep, you don't have much leg room, there are no cup holders, and the lower bowl seats tend to be a little wider, with more cushion (that is what I thought I noticed when I moved down to the lower bowl the last couple of years). Hope to see you at the games!!

EDIT - as for the poll, I was hoping to get 200 votes to get a good idea, but just looking at what we have now....32 out of 115, just under 28%, is definitely a bit lower than what I expected.

Pugs

10. jsmee2000

jsmee2000 Contributing Member

I live too far away. I live in Champaign, IL.

But I will be attending the following road games:

Bucks, Bulls, Pacers, and Pistons.

If you want to join me along with other contact me (read signature below).

11. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this will be our 2nd year for season tickets, last time being the forgetable 2005-2006 campaign :eek:

12. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

first time holder, longtime fan.

oct. 29th can't come soon enough.

13. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Let's all hope you weren't what brought on the bad luck!

14. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Oops. I accidently clicked on the " I work for the Rockets and get free tickets ". That single vote was by me. My bad.

15. JohnTX281

JohnTX281 Member

never been a season ticket holder but ive always wanted to be one. just too expensive. i watch all the games on tv though but this year will be harder because i moved to san marcos for school and they get the spurs games here. im pissed about that but ill be home for thanksgiving and christmas and ill catch a couple games at toyota. the 13 nationally televised games will definitely be watched though.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I go to 4-8 games a year.

17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

working in Austin now
    will go to the game if there are good game on the weekend when i return to Houston to see my parents

18. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

No, I'm not, but because I got my own small business outside my regular job and I work at night a lot :mad: . I prefer to buy individual weekend tickets or when I can make time for a weekday game maybe vs some good team.

Lately I don't like to go because the few game I went the Rox lost, maybe I bring them bad luck. I hope Artest can change that next year :D

19. tobepg

tobepg Member

I live in China and watch Rockets games at home. This costs me nothing but time. Season ticket is meaningless to foreigners like me.

20. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I've had season tickets a couple of years including last year, but gave them up this year as I didn't make it to too many games since I live too far away.

I would definately recommend going to fewer games and getting better tickets as opposed to a bunch of games in the cheap seats (no disrespect to anyone whose opinion differs) but I've had a much better time by far at the games where I was close up (the few I've gone to) although the crowd in the upper decks are much more rowdy - and a fun experience, it's just harder to see.