1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we talking about the same Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Mar 26, 2008.

1. rfila

rfila Member

Appearently, there are two "Rockets", or two perceptions of one Rockets. One is perceived by some fans as "Houston's Rockets", whose goal is the NBA Chimpions. The other is the "true Rockets" with Les as its owner, whose goal is to max his profit as a business man. These to goals can both be achieved at the same time. Unforunately, it has not worked out.

In one of those "trade Yao" thread, I voted "yes". Not because I agreed to what the op said, but because it is likely to be good for both "Houston Rockets" and Yao. I also stated that in my own thread "is Yao Ming underappreciated?"

I have no doubt that trading Yao can get better return talent wise and make the "Houston Rockets" better in short term. I am sure there are NBA teams are willing to give more talent to get Yao. On the other hand, trading Yao actually could give Yao a better chance to get his NBA ring if he is lucky to get an owner who are willing to get NBA ring at the cost not maximumizing his busness profit.

Whether you like it or not, this Rockets is Les Alexander's Rockets in reality. Based on my limited observation, Les takes Rockets solely as a business. He would not, say, put extra 10% of money to increase 1% Rockets chance to win a NBA title, if that extra 1% chance does not have the equity of the money he spend on it. In that sense, Les is a good business man, good owner, just not good owner of "Houston Rockets".

If this is clear, all the talk about trading Yao can only served to amuse some of the fans. If you are a "TRF(True Rockets Fan)", you better hope to have a better owner rather than trade Yao to have a better chance to win another NBA ring because 1) the current owner is not going to trade Yao to make the team instantly better. 2) Yao can make this team better if his value are more used to the team(great player,great teamate, helping the team get more money to get better players, along with extra bonus like shoe deal...)

Am I bashing Mr. Les Alexander? No. I am OK with him. It is what it is. I just hope those talking about trading Yao make clear which Rockets they are talking about and make sure it is only for the fantasy. Yao is not th problem if Houston Rockets do not win NBA Championship in the near future. (I know there is alway a hope there, Les he himself wants it too)

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

that was deep.

can you enlighten the TRF's a bit more on

maximumizing busness profit?

3. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I don't know which fails harder, this thread or the user that posted it.

4. rfila

rfila Member

my bad. TRF=True (Houston Rockets) Fan, as claimed by many here, not the True Rockets(Les') Fan.

maximizing? English is hard, teach me more.

5. rfila

rfila Member

It got to be me.It was bound to.(BTW,did you forget to give this thread one star?)

6. across110thstreet

you're doing great. keep going!

two perceptions of one rockets, now I get it!

NBA CHIMPIONS OR BUST

7. aggie87

aggie87 Member

lol at this thread....looks like it was written by a 10 yr old

8. rfila

rfila Member

I appreciate it. See you didn't say "go kill yourself".

9. bbjai

bbjai Member

not everyone has a owner like the Mavs......

Some actually like the money they have.

AT least we aren't the sonics

10. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Not cool man. It's blatantly obvious that this guy isn't American. How about a little less ethnocentrism?

Anyways, back on topic. Really, who can we trade Yao for in order to improve our chances? Dwight Howard? Not happening. Yao is our most viable option at the 5.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

If life is so fair why do roses have thorns?

Soooo emo.

12. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

You mean "go jump off of I-75S ;)

13. across110thstreet

no, seriously. I gave this thread five stars on effort alone.

dude is truly enlightened.