1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we seen as a soft team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

Is cheap-shotting, ****-talking, and general punk b****assery seen as "hard" and "gangsta" all of the sudden? Guys like Griffin, Artest, Boogie, and Zaza are some of the softest players in the NBA. Of course, young punks are the main target of the NBA's marketing, so they allow "bully ball" (foul on every possession and cheap shots galore) to drive in ratings. I don't see an end to this until someone gets Tomjonovich'd. Hell, who am I kidding? Zaza might have ended Kawhi's career and he has yet to be punished for it.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Regardless of labels, we gotta stop looking for refs to bail us out.

Easy and fattz like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk maybe a Little. Occasionally you gotta truck someone just to keep the balance. Let em know the price of setting a pick on you...set the price on picks for them. Rockets seem like they never try to foul anyone and it just comes off a little bit soft. Sometimes you just pull out the ax and chop!

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't want them to bail us out. . . I WANT THEM TO MAKE THE RIGHT F*CKING CALL

Why is asking them to call the right call . . . looking for them to bail us out????????

Rocket River

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Tucker, who I saw as a gritty tough vet, was surprisingly very quiet in all that drama last night.

After last night I felt sad and went to YouTube to watch Chackwagon stand up against and punk kg.

#65 mac_got_this, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They should play on instead of getting hung up on blown calls and the mood of the refs.

Smooth it over during dead balls and let the coaches handle it.

fattz likes this.
  7. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

The problem is the coaching! They allow Houston to play like trash. We are a better team the Clippers, but we play like the Cleveland Cavaliers of the West. The players are soft, but worse they are sloppy and inattentive to details. They think they can shoot their way out of every problem. Wanted to fight, fight against Blake in the post or through screens to keep up with Lou Williams. I have a lot more respect for that than a locker room brawl as would Austin Rivers. How much smack was be talking when we came back in game 6 a few yrs back? I remember him being pretty quiet.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You lost me when you said Artest.

heypartner and Rocket River like this.
  9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Gordon and our team taking those elbows and that ball thrown by Griffin just looked weak, I'm sorry. If you then use it to beat them, good, but we didn't do anything. No extra physical play, no confrontation and not going extra hard at them. Beverley would've known what to do..

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't play physical defense, we complain a lot about calls, we seem to get unhinged in the fourth quarter.

Guess it all depends on how you define soft.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. rockets13champs

My friends a knicks fan. So he watched the big nba teams without bias. And my other friend a Sixers fan. They like to think rockets are top 5 tough team... we got PJ Tucker and Luc Mbah AMoute but we lack Pat Bev so we not as tough as we were last year. But they’d also say clippers have a lot of soft players with like 2-3 tough guys

12. 1Deep

1Deep Member

That play was especially disturbing. You see players try to throw the ball off of guys all the time but rarely does a dude throw it at a players head/neck area as hard as he possibly can. So disrespectful.

Brought back memories of that playoff game with the Suns when Ainge through it off of Mario Elie's head in the closing seconds. But at least we won that one.

13. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

please dont speak to me. you are the one that didn't show up. now be careful, @Clutch says you're on thin ice.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Right!

Rocket River

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I think that's where things went off the rails for the Rox. CP3 was literally screaming at the refs all night over calls he didn't like. Same for Griffin, Ariza and the rest. All this whining about the refs needs to stop because it's become a crutch that losing teams all use. This game was being played in a physical and aggressive manner. The refs allowed the players to play that way and the Rox whithered and started screaming for calls. After that, the Clipps were in their heads and for all intents it was game over. I've been watching NBA basketball ever since I was a kid and the missed calls all go both ways. If your team has to depend on the refs to be perfect in order to win, then said team is in for some serious dissappointment.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey needs to pick up that phone and call Chuck Hayes and Louis Scola.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is we are not allowed to be physical and aggressive . . . we get more touch fouls and bullshit ticky tack fouls than a little bit
    go to the other end . . and get absolutley MAN HANDLED and get no calls
    That ain't whining
    That is bullshit

and anyone who justifies that is full of it

Easy to get into their heads when you can hack them on the wrist . . .. and its a 'steal' . . but
    on the other end they jump into you and get an AND 1 . . . . . naw . .. fair is fair
    and scream .. GOOD TEAMS PLAY THROUGH THAT is bullshit
    Cause Golden State NEVER gets Reffed like that . .. NEVER
    They benefit more from refs than not

Rocket River

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This thread is a thinly veiled invitation for Gerald Green to punch someone, you know he would do it if he thought the Rockets wanted it.

heypartner likes this.
  19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

As weak as a 2,000 word essay saying you're leaving a forum. A real @RedRedemption move.

SIL

20. macan

macan Member

let's get cousins, adams or DJ