1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we seen as a soft team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, Jan 16, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe we need to sign her to a 10-day? :D

[​IMG]

roxallways likes this.
  2. rocketseagles07

Physically I don't think so, mentally definitely

3. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I think we are seen as a soft team.

My first theory is simple, in games like last night, where we were being bullied, nothing happens.
    That´s how you know you are playing a softie, you push, nothing happens, you push harder, nothing. Until you go all inn on your bullying. If we dont have that clause on Tarick Blacks contract I´m wondering if that is not a function of the 3rd string center anymore.

Tarick, flagrant 1, Shut your hole when you play us or you get 48 minutes of this s***

If you have seen some clippers before, THEY are soft, last night they were getting fired on because of Trez and he is like that against anyone. And we did nothing but a kids post game embarrassment. Even worse, their inmature and soft way to respond are going to cost us more games because of the suspensions.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Soft doesn’t mean who can win in a street fight or not. We are not a physical team at all. When other teams get physical we want the referees to make calls => soft team as whole.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

As a "team" I don't think so per say.

BUT, Capela and Anderson tandem is pretty damn soft. Not paint presence. No FORCE. Capela is "bouncy" with rebounds but that only goes so far.

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I just don't remember a Rockets team getting pushed around like we often do.

7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We're only seen as soft because our starters are weak mentally.

Harden, Capela, Anderson are all seen as charmin tissue soft. Harden has a bad rep for choking in big moments, Capela struggles vs dleague centers, and Anderson is a mental case who struggles in home games.

We also have no physicality, it's also why our defense sucks. We just let guards drive by and give up free layups constantly. Just watch how Boston plays defense, they may be young but they will body you if you go for the layups.

8. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

Yes.

Soft and short...story of my life.

9. Drogba

Drogba Member

I mean y'all act like the Warriors don't also have a soft stereotype tag on them as well. Who cares?

10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I don't think anyone calls the Warriors soft anymore. They addressed that stereotype with their play. Teams can't make them fold by playing bully ball.

11. Drogba

Drogba Member

No, they addressed that stereotype by signing Kevin Durant & acquiring the most talent in NBA history.

12. rockets13champs

were seen as a whining team.... Ego, harden, cp3 whine alot about fouls but we aint soft

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Refs allow them to make moving hard screens
    Refs call ticky tack fouls on all their opponents
    Most NBA Aided team

Rocket River

14. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I´m not focusing on them ¿who cares?. I´m talking about what I expect my team to do on the court while being irrespected

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I see teams trying to use the Spurs template from last year's playoffs when they play the Rox. Last night you saw the Clipps relentlessly attack the Rockets' interior defense (or should I say lack of interior defense) with size and aggression and the Rox whithered big time. I think that's why they were so butt hurt after the game because they had just been b****-slapped by an inferior opponent. This is a team crafted in MDA's system which means that while they aren't necessarily a soft team, they are far from being a mentally tough, defensive one.

fattz and 1Deep like this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Two words: Draymond Green

We don't have a Draymond on our team that ENJOYS games like last nite. Bev was that guy but we lost him. When the game gets more physical the Rockets seem to fold

1Deep likes this.
  17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea we are soft coz Ryan is pretty soft. But this might help get some toughness out. We been letting other team bully us. We lost but we got 2 more games against them. And we got a better record. So it’s all cool. It’s one game.
    If those 4 guys get suspended it will be alright. Specially for Harden to rest some. And Chris to get a lil break as well.

I forgot to mention, Capela is oretty soft as well. He is our center and gets push back by pretty much everyone and blocked too

#57 cerophilik, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Rockets are definitely soft, punk b***ches that can't handle adversity.

19. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We have a coddling GM and a coddling Coach

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

speaking of softness, you never showed to fight at carverdale champ