1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just gonna ignore the monster ratings Jimmy Fallon is having

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by wizkid83, Aug 24, 2014.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This has been the story in late night since Carson. IMO Letterman has always been the funniest person as a host, but Leno and now Fallon have much funnier and more interesting show.

Like most people I hardly watch late night anymore, but I was always a Leno guy.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've always known Fallon would make it big at Late Night since he was great (borderline legendary) in SNL.

4. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Was never a big fan of the late night shows but Jimmy Fallon has become a must watch every night now. Really bringing it every single show.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Sometimes Letterman is an ahole. Maybe people just don't like the negativity. Fallon can sing he can dance and he doesn't take himself too seriously.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

**** Jimmy Fallon.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Do TV ratings even mean anything anymore? I think we have come to the point now where you can judge a shows popularity more accurately by checking the reaction on twitter rather than a nielsen box... regardless I love Fallon and his show is the best on at its time

8. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I don't get it, never thought he was funny

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he was legendary for breaking character and laughing during skits in order to go for easy laughs.

jimmy fallon is possibly the worst SNL cast member of all time...

of all time.

on a related note, i liked seth meyers on SNL, but his show is pretty much unwatchable.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Jimmy is at his best with some of his original skits done with famous people. I don't enjoy his opening monologues most nights. He is a decent interviewer. I don't like his sidekick. It's not must watch IMO and I just don't get it if he is really running away with the ratings.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Fallon has good writers and definitely the best youtube worthy bits which is why he's so popular.

He's by far the worst interviewer and his monologues are pretty terrible as well. But those things don't really matter anymore.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

I really don't like him. His brand of comedy just seems too forced. Plus he comes off as a try hard.

#12 percicles, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

Collin Herd was talking about how Fallon figured out that the key is to have 2-3 realllllly funny bits that can make it to youtube instead of putting together an entire "ok" show.

14. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I'd like to pretend the Leno era never existed. Glad to see Fallon stepping up.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Fallon is the man. One of the few channels I'm subscribed to on YouTube. Love to watch him when I'm up.

16. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I've never met a single young person (under 30) who admits to watching any of these shows. I don't really know who really watches this stuff when there are much better comedy and stand up comedy out there. The bands on Fallon/Kimmell are decent but we usually just Youtube the three minute performance. I don't see anything groundbreaking on these shows. Kimmell is decent in that he is good at trolling the public.

17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'll watch when I'm up and it's on, otherwise, I YouTube it.

Signed, under 30.

18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

If these are the same ratings that say The Big Bang Theory is the most popular non sports show in America and Two & A Half Men is in the top ten... then yes, I'm going to completely ignore the ratings.

The only time I care about ratings is I want them high enough on the shows I do like so that they don't get canned.

#18 arkoe, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  19. what

what Member

I refuse to click on Fallon youtube, hulu clips out of spite for what he represents. Fallon's popularity stems from the general public's need for non-threatening, non-challenging, mind-numbing, intellectually-void comedy.

20. what

what Member

You don't like the big bang thoery because you are a TRUE nerd and you don't like the false representation, right? lol