1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we just going to ignore the monstrously bad season the Utah Jazz are having?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DarkHorse, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Grapenutz

Grapenutz Rookie

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Right now, all I can do is hope whomever the Jazz gets bust.

Seriously Fk the Jazz

3. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

None of these guys have proven anything. Hayward is gone after the season. Just because they were high picks doesn't mean they are good.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well, I didn't say they were going to contend with that lineup. It's a young lineup with potential, which is more than you can say for some of these other teams that have completely sucked for a few years now and still have bad fitting, or just plain bad, talent.

Favors looks good as along term PF. He's avg 13,10, and 1.

I doubt Wiggins is a bust. He's at least a starter at the 2/3 spot.

Hayward may not stick around, but another year of suckage can get them a shooting guard and they can slide wiggins over to the 3.

If those 3 spots are solid, they can have a good core going forward. If wiggins is a star, then it makes it easier to integrate Kanter and/or burke, if they don't develop as much.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They will probably pass on Wiggins and draft the Mormon

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

All we can hope is they get knocked to the 14th pick in the lottery. That would be poetic justice.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't want them to be godawful, I want them to just be "pretty bad" forever and ever with no top 5 draft picks and no hope of the playoffs in sight

8. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I've long thought Utah was the "western conference scout" who keeps saying Parker is better than Wiggins :p

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Jazz will get better now they got Burke instead of Burks in a playmaker role.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It's like watching the Colts the year before they got Andrew Luck. It was nice watching them suck but you knew they were about to turn it around and that sucks worse.

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

12. afk

afk Member

Who are these Jazz you speak of?

13. DuDDleyDawsonII

Good comparison we're bac on top of the southwest division:p

14. DuDDleyDawsonII

Special shoutout to Kerry Collins ,luv u man

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I would hardly call tanking for a CHANCE at Wiggins a successful season. I'm sure they'll be fine cause the Jazz really are a well run organization. But I lived in Utah in the years after the Rockets had faded and the Jazz were still going strong.

I had to settle for a couple years of "just wait until Stockton and Malone retire." Then they had Williams and Boozer and Millsap. I just wanna enjoy being on top while they're stuck at the bottom.

Can we all just agree that if they don't get Wiggins and or drop a couple spots in the draft we can pop a cork?

(P.S. I highly doubt they would pick the Mormon just cause he's Mormon. Salt Lake City itself is a lot less "Mormon" than much of Utah, with a fair amount of anti Mormon culture even. They would pick the player they think is best. They passed on Jimmer, Keith Van Horn, Alex Jensen, and any number of local heroes because they weren't a good fit, so I don't see why they'd change their tune now)

16. lionaire

lionaire Member

Pretty sure they saw this coming when they let go of Big Al and Milsap...

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Has the team with the worst record in the NBA actually got the 1st pick in the last couple of years? Really asking

18. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

The season has been going perfectly according to their plan.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

The draft isn't all about Wiggins, most analysts are saying it's the most star laden draft since LBJ's draft class. So if you hate the Jazz then don't hold your breath waiting for them to be bad because they're currently on lock to get at least a top 10 pick in a very deep draft. I expect them to come out of the gates swinging in 2-3 years and take everyone by surprise.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Isnt Jimmer on Sac