1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we gonna pretend Harden still doesn't have a bum ankle?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Lihao

Lihao Member

Bev with a high fever playing harder than him, you can't defend his poor performance due to injury, the efforts is just not there

2. Lihao

Lihao Member

edited ***

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I would tend to agree with the OP if the fact was that he played decent through the rest of the regular season. If he was playing horrible and it carried over then that is something else.

My opinion is that he is a player that is young and gets frustrated if he doesn't get his points. If players are hounding him 24/7, which they will do in the playoffs, then he will get frustrated and seem disinterested and pout. He's playing exactly like any other 24 year old star would and it's going to take time for him to learn.

I wish he would learn really damn quick because we need him tonight.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bev always plays harder than him, what's new? I'm not defending his poor defense or attitude. Those things have always been there.

And FWIW, simply playing hard with a high fever isn't as hard as playing with a bad foot, at least not from a technical perspective. Hardens offense relies on his ability to change directions , shuffle his feet, and rise and pop immediately.

Obviously, Portland's defensive strategy is the biggest reason why he is struggling, but there's a lot of room for more reasons, he's shot that poorly...

5. Lihao

Lihao Member

Bev played with a injured knee which i added in my edited post , you can't ignore Harden's poor defense and attitude because IT HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THERE , people been saying he's saving the energy and would step up in play off or his offense is bigger than his defense, so he deserve a pass.
    After 5 games and our supposedly best player still struggling at scoring and defense, Tmac got killed by the fans when he putting up great numbers and efforts but the team lost, why Harden should give a pass?

6. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

OP this is dead on. hey go twist your ankle like a pretzel then hit the hardwood !

That's a no go for the majority of us. easy to forget just how bad it was in the heat of this battle.

Thanks for the reminder....defense is predicated on feet movement.

Go Rockets !

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Excuses! Stop it bro. You sound like a LOF. The only difference Harden ain't asian

8. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's a reasonable explanation. Evidence includes zero eurostep moves for the entire playoffs, when a healthy Harden does several a game. zero dunks. Minimal crossovers and limited drives. Making Wesley Matthews look like defensive player of the year. Harden's defense has always been bad, so the evidence has to be focused on the offense, and he just hasn't had the explosiveness that we have come to expect from a healthy Harden, settling for jumpers way too often.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I ignored that edit because, technically, his knee isn't injured. He's already rested it and did his rehab. He was cleared, so his knee was good to go.

Then go take it up with those "people" because i'm not one of them and this isn't what the thread is about. Read the thread next time..

#49 RV6, May 2, 2014
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I have yet to see a Euro step from him.. having a bum ankle would deff derail me from trying it

11. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I know the feeling. I rolled my ankle really hard one year and continued to roll it for about three or four years after. The rolls after were not as bad but it re-aggravated them to the point that I had a hard time walking for a while.

12. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

Hi tops put more stress on the knees.

13. MONON

MONON Member

Comon man! You know that some posters are deaf to the voice of reason.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden has a bum brain.