1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we gonna pretend Harden still doesn't have a bum ankle?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Apr 18, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

High top shoes don't help. Some guys used to wear ankle braces that you would tie tight. I never wore one so I don't know if it helped.

2. sutton

sutton Member

The point is , it is hard to argue it didn't effect his offense, only his defense?
    As many had pointed out , his defense problem is more like a mantle thing, lack of effort or concentration, can't be explained by his ankle. Sure hope he pick up his slacks, he is a capable defender.

3. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

It still doesn't excuse his lack of awareness on defense. He loses his man too many times due to ball watching.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Time to switch to at least 3/4 top shoes -- it's a little naive to play in low tops.

5. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]
    *nervous laughter*

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pain affects concentration

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Playing 46 mins a game so far...

8. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

If this is the case, I'm gonna give him a pass for this series...?

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's entered my mind...but I don't know how serious it is....I guess not very, if he's out there that long, but it's but helping..

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

(cough) (cough)

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

It's no wonder we have such an enabling environment for our players to not work too hard on their games, or hold themselves accountable... when we have such an enabling fandom...

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This is BS no one is making an excuse for his poor play. But if his ankle is still bum coupled with heavy minutes that's going to impact ones performance a bit

13. jamphus

jamphus Member

the problem is, whether harden is healthy or not, he does NOT do defense unless he want to. unfortunately, he rarely wanted.

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

"a bit" is the key term here... Harden's play has been dramatically impacted... and his body language about it has been deplorable...

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Cough cough.... he has been sucking.

16. jk103

jk103 Member

If he's playing badly because he's hurt, why is he still taking 23 shots a game? We keep going to him because we keep expecting to work himself out of his slump, but if the slump is due to an injury then he's not going play better until he's healed. Why keep going to him?

17. zipcrash

zipcrash Member

hopefully the rockets get bench production next year to reduce the milage on the starters.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully Troy Daniels is the guy that reduces Harden's minutes next year.

35 a game maximum...

19. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

He's got a bum ankle i get it.

It still doesn't justify his bad performance in the playoffs. He plays fine in the regular season with a bum ankle. Then comes the playoff, his bum ankle suddenly starts to have a HUGE IMPACT on his game.

Just more excuses is all.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not justifying his poor play..he obviously can make better decisions out there...but if an ankle is getting treated months after the initial injury, then it's a problem....and those kinds of problems don't get better with heavy minutes. That's all I'm saying. I know from experience you can still get around with a sore ankle and play a lot, but it'll still hold you back on certain movements.