1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we 100 percent positive JB will not be Rockets Coach next season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigShasta, Mar 16, 2016.

1. lucaspat

lucaspat New Member

What if we hire thibs and keeps JB as an assistant, you guys think JB accept this?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm sure he would, but it's likely up to Thibs and coaches are very picky.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

BARRING WINNING A CHAMPIONSHIP . .. . . there is NOTHING he can do to save his job.

McHale got clipped after going to the Western Conference Finals coming back from a 1-3 deficit . . . . . .
    So yea. . . i am 100% positive

Rocket River

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why would we want John Blair to stick around?

And if he's not given the head job, why would John Blair want to stick around?

Rockets need to move on from all McHale assistants - J.B. Bickerstaff, Greg Buckner, Chris Finch, Brett Gunning. No more puppets for Daryl and let the new coach hire his own assistants.

#25 J.R., Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

slight chance if the defense was at least decent. but the defense has been utter crap with JB at the helm. he's toast

7. Normalus

Normalus Member

8437 / 99 = 85,(2)
    round = 85
    8 + 5 = 13

Illuminaty confirmed :eek:

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Why? if we did it would just be until an opening occurred in Dallas... no disrespect to Jet, but every indication i've ever seen is the dude wants to return to Dallas and his time here is just passing the time....

#28 kjayp, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  9. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

McHale was not a big name,

he was a joke of the NBA after his failure in the T-wolves and just hanging on to his NBATV job at that time.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

For McHale's first contract, his salary actually was among the lower group of the coaches in the league.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

JB is young...i don't think he was gunning for a HC gig just yet and this just happened out of nowhere..so i think he'll be fine going back to being an assistant.

Unless he has issues with Thibs, I would think he'd want to stay. Moving isn't fun.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's been in the league 10years. Yeah give him an extension cuz moving furniture is hard

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Bro, do you even READ?

Someone asked if JB would accept to stay, IF THIBS ASKED HIM TO.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

like mchale, he should be demoted to assistant and rockets find a real head coach

16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

one thing's for certain, cf will have a dorant coming to Houston upboat thread

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

My fault bro. Sorry for questioning your cold hard assumption.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

May be , may be not

Got to maintain flexibility

19. PeppermintCandy

I may be the only poster here who thinks JB has done a decent job, all things considered. He took over a fubar situation, starting with a gaping hole in the frontcourt and a discombobulated guard rotation.

He's had to learn how to compensate for these weaknesses by trying out different combinations of players on the fly, much to the confusion of the fans. All the while, he kept this team in the playoff hunt, and with the outside-the-box roster changes made since the trade deadline, the Rockets might actually pull off an upset or two in the postseason.

That said, Houston will do their due diligence and look at other qualified coaches during the summer. But I think JB ought to get some consideration as well.

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

JB will be a big name at some point, given a roster that makes sense. He just turned 37. No coach out there is making miracles. I do have a little concern that the ignorant mob is clamoring for Thibs and that could somehow impact Leslie's decision-making process.