1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are these really your Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dnjndmrc5, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Jeff Van Gundy- One year with team
    Reece Gaines- zero years with team
    Juwan Howard-zero years with team
    Jim Jackson-One year with team
    Mark Jackson- half year with team
    Tyronne Lue-zero years with team
    T-Mac- Zero years with team
    Boki- 2 years
    Mo-Taylor-4 years
    Weatherspoon-half year with team
    Wilks-one year
    Yao Ming-2years

That means that 3 years ago we had a completely different team. I wonder when Mcgrady said he wanted to join the rockets did he think that either mobley or francis would be around? This really doesnt look good. It's like starting all over again. Where will the chemistry come from? Identity? Oh and by the way the Rockets were voted as the worst NBA team in texas according to Southwest sports tonight. (62%)

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Dude, what are you smoking? This team is going to do whatever to win a championship. Does it matter who was there 3 years ago? Did we make the playoffs 3 years ago? No.

The team you have listed above is a strong caliber team that will help Yao and take us to the playoffs. Believe.

3. sup123

sup123 Member

who cares. Look at the wolves. Their whole roster was redone last season. And they ended up number 1 seed in the west. And what the heck is southwest sports, sounds like garbage.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Is that really a bad thing?

Thats like saying, Giselle, a Victoria Secret model was voted 3rd best out of the group.

BIG FREAKIN WHOOPDI DOOOOOOO!!

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

you know you're not a real fan when you have to use some STATISTICAL POLL to tell you that you're team is the worst. if you came to that conclusion on your own in a logical way, that's fine. but if you're gonna go with what everyone else thinks just because they polled it...some fan you are. and it's not bad being the 'worst team' in Texas. Wait a minute....didn't Nash just bolt from Dallas? And don't dallas have a team that basically is built on spare AND OVERPAID parts? (Finley, Dirk, Walker, Stackhouse, Laettner) seems to me we're moving on up.

6. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I guarantee that this team will have more offensive chemistry in the frist game of the season than we could have ever achieved with the steve and cat show. Familiarity is one part of chemistry, but having players that complement each other is far more important.

7. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Are these really your Rockets?

Yes, I'm a Rockets fan.

8. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Yea the wolves traded their whole roster except for their best player KG. Yao is not the best player yet.

9. Rockets34Legend

Dude, you aren't a Rockets fan. You would accept the team the way it was. I heard the Jazz need some fans. :mad:

10. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Didn't Les say something about having the "best team ever assembled" about 2-3 years ago. So much for that.

11. sup123

sup123 Member

ok...so we get a top 5 player in the leauge. And i would take yao over steve, francis, or cato. He is better than them. What are u talking about.

12. steddinotayto

no that would be New Orleans, Atlanta, or New Jersey:D

13. steddinotayto

what are you griping about again? because Les went back on his word and actually gave us a BETTER team? damn...i wish that happened in my life everyday.

"oh man yesterday was the best day i ever had...wait a minute....i just won the lottery!!!! wow TODAY is the best day i ever had....wait a minute....tommorrow i'm getting married to Angelina Jolie!! wow..."

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I guess so and now introducing your Houston Rockets (Which I happen to be a fan of.):

Jeff Van Gundy- One year with team
    Reece Gaines- zero years with team
    Juwan Howard-zero years with team
    Jim Jackson-One year with team
    Mark Jackson- half year with team
    Tyronne Lue-zero years with team
    T-Mac- Zero years with team
    Boki- 2 years
    Mo-Taylor-4 years
    Weatherspoon-half year with team
    Wilks-one year
    Yao Ming-2years

15. Rockets34Legend

Ditto.

Believe again! GO ROCKETS!

16. WLH

WLH Member

Hell man, my Rockets had Slick Watts. Times change. We want a championship.

17. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I wonder when Mcgrady said he wanted to join the rockets did he think that either mobley or francis would be around?

Yeah, ok...this trade drug on what? Two weeks? Every media outlet in the free world was stating that Francis and Mobley were included in the deal. So, you think there's the slightest of chances that McGrady didn't know that? Houston was the only team that McGrady would agree to sign a deal with because he wanted to play with Yao...period.

18. steddinotayto

don't you feel like you're taking crazy pills sometimes with some of these threads flying around, aelliott?

19. aelliott

I know that I'm going to hate myself for asking...but if Yao wasn't our best player, then who was? Personally, I've got to go with the guy that was our leading scorer, our leading reabounder, our FG% leader, our Blocked Shot leader,3rd team All-NBA and probably had the highest basketball IQ on the team.

20. aelliott

Uhh...I don't really want to say anymore about this...I'm afraid that TMAC might be monitoring this board and I don't want to tip him off to the fact that Francis and Mobley aren't here anymore. If he asks where Steve is, just tell him that he's at the Superbowl and will be back soon.