1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors going to win 73?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

73?

1. yes

233 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. no

182 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

Of course. Deandre can't even hit free throws. We talkin' bout PRACTICE!!!!

2. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Nah, they gonna win more like 15-16.

3. ribbit

ribbit Member

Voted no, just because I hate them.

(And, oh, it's a long season.)

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Good analysis, I definitely don't disagree, GSWs are super deep, and I agree that if a team loses their main star would def be in trouble, or technically worse than GSWs would be since they're so deep. I'm just thinking though with a long season it'll be hard to beat 72, but with the way curry is playing anything is possible especially with his teammates, I mean there was that game on Saturday where he basically missed everything the first half and still recovered in the 2nd half to put up decent stats.... And even without his performance the team was still winning.

5. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I mean don't factor in that the refs will ever change how they officiate the warriors. They officiate the warriors a certain way... that will never change.

6. sw847

sw847 Member

I think the problem with the refs is perception.

Our team/star's game is extremely dependent on calls, we were among league leaders in free throw attempted and made....I bet other team's fans are screaming at the TV about how the refs favor the rockets.

Refs or no refs, you still got to make your shots and play defense. does refs affect the game? definitely, but u still got to find a way to win the game.

7. TheresTheDagger

First, to get 73 wins you're assuming perfect health.

Second, EVERY good team has 2-3 down nights per year where they lose a game they shouldn't.

Third, with the Cavaliers, Rockets, Spurs, Clippers, OKC, Chicago, Toronto, Miami , Atlanta and Memphis playing them a total of 24 more games this year its not out of the realm of possibility to see them losing 8-12 of those games.

My prediction = 68 -14 assuming no health issues. If Curry gets hurt? All bets are off.

8. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Just FYI, that my comment was in response to a comment that GSW are an extremely lucky team due to health. I totally agree with you that their depth doesn't mean they're getting 73 wins. The season is far too young to say that. If you wanted to blindly stretch out their current record to 82 games, then they are technically an 82-0. I understand that you can't just look at how they play now and expect that to be consistent throughout the entire season.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bob Myers to 95.7 The Game on a 72-win season: &quot;To me, it's impossible. I'll go on record. I think it's impossible.&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/664564545134923777">November 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bob Myers told 95.7 The Game he asked Steve Kerr today about 72 W's. 1. &quot;We had Michael Freakin' Jordan.&quot; 2. Travel for Chicago team easier.</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/664565227091050496">November 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bob Myers to 95.7 The Game on 72 wins: &quot;You love your players going for that. You don't want 'em to say, 'No, I don't want to do that.'&quot;</p>&mdash; Diamond Leung (@diamond83) <a href="https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/664565670374473728">November 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

History says no. But Curry has been playing out of his mind, and that team is stacked. #1 offense and #1 defense is absurd.

11. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Curry doesnt have to play out of his mind for the warriors to win as evidenced by his last 2 games( Harden is more important to his team), the warriors can hack, and push every posession and people think its good defense, but when you do it againist them its called a foul lol

these guys are frauds

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Warriors with their "non-moving" moving screens can win all 82 at this rate.

13. lalala902102001

Unless Curry gets injured, they are winning 70+ for sure this year.

14. dischead

dischead Member

Jordan will get on the phone to Kerr if they get close and make sure it doesn't happen.

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

The other question to ask is if they can start 16-0.

16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. As an avid warriors fan, I seriously doubt they reach 70 wins let alone 73. Though I give them a decent chance at 70 IF healthy.

The more interesting or at least immediate question is when will they lose their first game? Is 16+ - 0 possible? Tonight they have maybe a tough game against a team they beat by 50 in Memphis. They have the Raptors for their 12th game, the Clippers in LA for their 13th and home for Chicago for their 14th. After that its Denver, Lakers, Suns, Kings before facing Utah in utah.

17. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Luke Walton probably will hold them under 70 win if Kerr doesn't come back in time.

Why in the world did he play the starters that many minutes in 4th when the Griz basically gave up? They have a game tomorrow at MN, the game was out of reach for Griz a few minutes into 4th, and Memphis couldn't score at all, but he kept Curry in the game until last minute. What a idiot.

I like their chance to win 70+ games, the reason is their defense. Very few teams can score over 100 against them, but those guys can score 100+ with easy.

#77 daoshi, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

If you look at some team stats, GSW is frightening.

They shoot 10% better than their opponents on 3pt shots. Easily #1.

Overall FGs around 5.5% better, around top 5, but this factors in 3pt shots. Even 2pt FG% differential they're probably #1.

They have the equal highest AssistedFG% with OKC. And they are the highest in opponent AFG%, and #3 in opponent PPS. #1 in opponent 3pt%. #2 in opponent FG%.

They win the boards and are around top 5 in reb percentage.

They are #1 in FGM and 3PM differential.

They are #1 in assists per game, and #1 in assists per game differential.

And perhaps to many people's surprise, they are #1 in Technical Fouls.

They really don't have too much weakness. Iguodala's FT shooting maybe?

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Well, they're still a jump shooting team, and I have seen them slump when their shots aren't falling. They have good defense to make up for those dry offensive stretches, but I think the lack of any post play is going to hurt them big time.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They won the ring pretty much dominating their competition. It didn't hurt them last year.