1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the warriors going to win 73?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Nov 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

73?

1. yes

233 vote(s)
    56.1%
  2. no

182 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Although earlier I said I wouldn't be surprised if they won 70, remember the Rockets started 15-0 and didn't even win 60 games that year, so a lot can happen over the course of a season.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Fully expect them to. Nobody in the league is even close to them.

3. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

how do you know that, the refs allow them to get way with so much, its makes them practically impossible to beat

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Exactly. They're the best team in the league, the luckiest team in the league, and get away with the most in the league. A deadly trio.

5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Injuries. You will never know. One person step under Curry for a three. May can roll his ankle, which we know are back.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Don't factor in the refs, because that component will never change.

The only things that will determine whether they win 70 is a.) health, b.) consistency

7. vick

vick Member

Anybody that thinks they will win at least 70 games bet all your money in vegas on it. You will be living in your car you wont have money to make your housenote.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

If healthy they have a legit shot at 70 wins. They are playing better than last year. That team isn't just Steph. I was watching the Detroit game last night and I thought Detroit was playing pretty well, but then you look up and see the score and they are down by 16 in no time. Their defense is insanely good and they can score so fast in transition. The fact that their best scorer doesn't need the ball to be effective and combined with their entire team being composed of ball handlers that can pass makes them just deadly.

9. verysimplejason

They don't rely on only 1 or 5 individuals (unlike the Rockets)... so 70+ is definitely possible.

10. BleedsRocketRed

I just don't want them to start the season 16-0. Rep for those who know why

11. JazzLakerHater

I honestly don't know who can beat them. Maybe the Spurs and a healthy Cavs team can give them a scare, but that's it. It's absurd how good they are.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Hmm... I voted no because I really am not a fan of them... However I think they could do it, but I think it's a bit early, wait till they play more and see how they handle injuries or losses. On a side note they have got to be the luckiest team in pro-sports with injuries (I don't wish injuries on anyone but come on)... Even small ones can hurt making it past 72.

13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Exactly, it's a long season, they're young... what if instead of an injury someone gets their feelings hurt with the way the ball is shared... Probably not likely, but hey 82 is a long season.

14. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, it is possible. West is so weak this year.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

No because by season end they will be so far ahead of everyone else that they're going to rest their starters.

16. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Bogut's been injured for most of the season so far. He only played the first game of the season and has missed 2 weeks. He just came back. All the while, GSW are undefeated. Goes to show when one half of their premiere defense is injured, they can make it up through Ezeli quite easily. And they Still have Jason Thompson warming a bench. He's a good starter on a scrub team, let alone a good end of the bench guy on a title team.

If Klay gets injured, they have Iggy, Barnes and Rush waiting in the wings to fill the minutes.

If Dray gets injured, Barnes can play small ball PF. both he and Iggy are still strong perimeter defenders. Once again, J Thompson can fill minutes at PF.

Obviously a Curry injury brings them down a peg. That doesn't make them a historic team anymore, but at the very least, Livingstone and Iggy are very good playmakers and can cover to some extent. You can do much worse if your team loses Harden/LBJ/AD/Lillard/etc. Or KD as we saw last year.

1 person likes this.
  17. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

93-94 Rockets.

Only good chance for a loss is the Clippers game (Nov 19th at LA).

Everyone hates the clippers, but I bet everyone will be rooting for them in that game.

1 person likes this.
  18. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

did you not watch last nights game, how can you say not to factor in the refs... everytime drummond did a post move ezeli, curry, or draymon hacked the hell out of his arms causing the ball to come loose.. no call, moving screens.. no call... they are frauds.. and protected by the league.. i liked stanley johnson he played that game last night like he didnt give a flying you know you what, i wish they put stanley on curry to rough curry up some more, johnson seemed buff enough to fight through those illegal screens

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

also it was an 18 point game with 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, curry was at 5/16 from the field, and curry was sitting at the scorers table trying to check into the game... one of these games that move is gonna backfire, he did it in the kings game as well after rondo shut him down for most of the night..

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I didn't vote in the poll since it isn't public, but if I voted, I'd vote no. I'll repeat what others have said - it's a long, long season. They'll have a great record, but won't get to 73. Heck, it would be a big deal if they reached 70 wins and I doubt if they'll reach that target.