1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Stars Lined Up or Are We In For Another Heart Ache?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jun 2, 2013.

?

Will Dwight Howard be a Houston Rocket when the 2013 / 2014 season starts?

1. Yes

67.2%
  2. No

32.8%
  1. CARoxNut

CARoxNut Member

The fact is that DH is not happy in LA. He and Kobe isn't the best of friends either. That leaves either Dallas or Houston. I would say is a 50/50 chance.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ill say yes. too much went wrong in LA for him to want to stay. no kobe next year, aging roster, coach that won't give him the ball. he didn't want to go there in the first place but was traded there. the money will be the same after state taxes and the fact that hell opt out in 3 years anyway.

the bottom line is the rockets are a better team right now than all of the competitors for dwight. and they are also younger than all the competitors as well.

3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

We have a terrible track record bringing free agent stars to Houston under the Morey regime. I still love Morey as a GM, but I can't vote with confidence that Howard will be coming here. Harden tips the scale a bit, but will it be enough?

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

To be fair Chris Bosh was already dead set on Miami.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Since Morey has been the GM of this team, what teams have better track records of bringing in free agent stars than Houston?

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Not gonna get my hopes up anymore

I will start celebrating when I see him on the court with a red jersey on

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Do not underestimate Mitch Kupchat. He proved time and time agin that he was able to pull the rabbit out of the hat.

I wouldn't be surprised by any future developments.

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it is going to happen, and felt that way since around Kobe's injury. But, I wouldn't consider it heartache if it doesn't happen. I'd really prefer a stud PF, but you can't be too choosy when these opportunities come along. Still, if not Dwight, Morey will still get someone good.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

My thoughts exactly!

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Miami and New York. That's pretty much it. In the old CBA, most stars didn't move in free agency.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I voted yes, but if you'd had a "maybe, maybe no" option, I would have picked that instead, crash. I'm increasingly optimistic, but we've suffered bitter disappointments before. Let's hope it works out, that we get Howard, and he's both healthy and happy. I keep imagining the fumbled passes of Omer being slammed home by Dwight, the blocked shots, the boards, the overall defensive impact of the guy, and it's a pretty nice dream to have.

12. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

People act like Lin brings in $$ from China. We had that established already. Yi is a bigger commodity than Lin. Sign him instead imo

13. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

The best way to avoid heart breaks is to be the Bobcats, you'll always finish exactly as you expected.

14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I don't think we get him.

15. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I don't think our track record is that bad, seeing how we havent had too many chances.

Rashard Lewis decision was either here for the MLE or Orlando for the max. Bosh was here by himself or to Miami with the big three, which was already set in stone, IMO. Those are just two off the top of my head.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

We don't want to go through all the missed names(for one reason or another). :p

17. trowa2

trowa2 Member

i do want to see howard come, then mchale can finally be gone.
    howard getting coaches fired since 2012

18. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Couldn't have phrased it better. Reps bruh.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs