1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets losing respect around the league?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And then we pulled the rug out from under them, and made them look like morons for picking us. I don't think they'll make the same mistake again.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Imo:

- McHale has a lot of respect coming from the media cause he's an hall of fame and truly a great person, but players around the league know he's nothing special, great guy but mediocre (at best) coach, Blatt sacking was way worse.

- Dwight is not liked around the league, that's well known at this point. Kobe, LMA, Durant, Lebron, Duncan, Garnett...all those guys doesn't respect him much, and i'm sure the list is bigger in reality...so, i'm sure a lot of players would have made the same decisions the Rockets made.

- this is bull imo, a lot of teams change part of their roster every year, it's the norm...and this year is actually the first time Morey opted to keep the exact same group and yeah, not worked well...

- to be honest they've not made a lot of turmoil...could've been worst imo.

That said, i wouldn't have too much fear about players losing respect for this organization...players are still signing with the Knicks, Kings...this should tell you something.

3. rockets13champs

This is houston man. This city aint ever respected. Only people who live or lived their has its respect

2 people like this.
  4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You just watch Murray landing us Durant, Horford, Conley and then packaging Motie and Ariza for LeBron. And Dekker turning out to be the white Magic.

1 person likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I forgot about Capela turning into Hakeem 2.0.

6. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If Rockets make playoffs, there isn't a team in the postseason that has more haters.

Will Howard show up to play for his final, last big contract?
    Will Harden play defense and carry the team?
    How will JB play his rotations, size vs Warriors?

Come on... who are we kidding... The NBA wants to see Warriors/Rockets first rd...

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Hey you guys, do you remember when ESPN was on our side all the time?

[​IMG]

8. john55

john55 Member

I always say the amount of coverage you get is directly related to your record... In this case, not too much not too little.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm not sure the Rockets were that widely respected last season even. There is zero reason to respect them this season. I can't respect them and I've been a diehard Rockets fan for over 30 years.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this thread is turning into my favorite one today. lol. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  11. hakeemthagreat

There valid speculation that certain players don't like playing with James because of his ballstopping & lack of defense.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Most of the media just look at box scores and then make judgments based on that.

"Dwight has only taken an avg of 6 shots in the past 5 games? It's clear Houston doesn't want him / it's clear that Dwight doesn't want to be there."

"Harden doesn't play defense for one possession? Let's milk the crap out of it and highlight it on Sportscenter to get everyone to bash Harden's defense."

This isn't a good team, but the media is clearly exaggerating a lot of stuff.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Rockets never had much respect from the rest of the league anyway. Those of us who live outside of Houston know better.

The main thing about this season is that they lost the respect of their own fans.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pretty much this. and it was because they didn't put in the effort. I think Rockets fans can take losing, it's the laziness and lack of effort that lost the team the fans' respect.

15. rocketsmetalspd

Bingo! As being fan since 1979, the Rockets have never had the Respect of the league or been the league's favorites and that is the way I like it.:grin:

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

OUCH. The truth HURTS! :(

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We will be the fun young team when Dwight leaves. Don't underestimate the hate for Dwight deserved or not.

18. chandlerbang21

Sounds like a young fun Lottery team

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, we made the playoffs with:

Asik
    Delfino
    Parsons
    Harden
    Lin

So, yeah...

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We made the playoffs without Dwight before and Harden wasn't as good as he is now. You just need to put good shooters and a big who likes to pick and roll with him.