1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets Fowards Over Critisized?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KevinLavergne, Jun 28, 2003.

1. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

he is not mentally set and aware to be the through power forward as of yet.

2. BigRay

BigRay Member

Good post!! I think we should stay put but if a trade comes along that is to good to past up like Rice/Cato/Draft pick for J-Oneil or E-Brand then you trade but I wouldnt trade Griffin just yet i have a feeling that he will be a stud in the league in 2 or 3 years i see him being J-Oneil but thats not saying he could be Joe Smith also so i would if he has improved by the trade deadline and if he hasnt then trade him. Mo Taylor is a good offencive player he really should start over Griffin he has good hook and a sweet jump shot but thats it he plays no D. if we could combine Mo Taylor and Eddie Griffin you would have a young Rasheed Wallace!! and as for as J-Posey goes I see nothing wrong with his game and T-Morris is gonna be a good role player this year along with B-Nachbar just give them a chance this yr at least.

3. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

I agree. If only Eddie can add dribbling skills, rebounding skills, some post moves , learn to play smarter, and a better outside shot.... This kid would be the best player in the league :rolleyes:

4. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Eddie may not be a bust, but probably won't be a stud either. The reason he's under so much criticism (and deservedly so) is because we gave up 3 #1 picks for this guy and he has yet to produce the numbers everyone expected out of him. The expectations were high, but it's like the LeBron situation: he should be able to live up to them.

The F are criticized, but I think the complaints are merited.

5. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Eddie deserves all the flak he's getting.
    As of now, he just sucks.

MoTaylor has a very nice offensive game, and his defense has improved.....at least from his Clipper and early Rocket days.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

not at all, they get off easy

they are lucky SOBs that should get alot more criticism from yall peeps for their performances

7. Ming the Dream

Ming the Dream Contributing Member

Gotta agree with Smeg. The forwards were the worst unit on the team last year, but if you read the board the blame is mostly put on the guards. Imo the forwards are as big a reason why we were last in assists as the guards...they can't shoot. They were the worst forward unit in the NBA last season.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Look at it this way: Consider that the Rockets must play in the NBA Western Conference, how does their front line stack up against the leaders (Dallas, LA, Sac, SA, Portland)? I think that you'll see that the Ming-Taylor-Griffin line does not compare favorably at all.

EG is reeking of bust. OK, he's young (21) and could develop at any moment but folks, this is a player they gave up 3 first round picks for. After 2 years, there should have been SOME indication that this was a good pick. Mo T is defensively challenged pure and simple. He can score but that's about it and let's not talk about rebounding. Yao is the best BASKETBALL player on a team of athletes masquerading as basketball players.

And that's your Houston Rockets front line.